Shopping on the MSC Divina

DL10

Sailed on the MSC Divina August 16-23

Biggest surprise was on-board shopping. :eek:

Great buys on Murano Glass jewelry!

Beautiful necklace for $101 after the 20% off sale. Not just a pendant.

Pretty pendant on cord as present for $13.

The Murano Glass jewelry is in the L'Angolo Dell'Oggetto shop on deck 6, near the Black Crab restaurant.

If you aren't familiar with Murano Glass, made in Murano, Italy, do a little research before you sail.

Prices on perfumes and cosmetics are less on board than on Grand Cayman.

We bought L'Occitane en Provence products and Hermes eau de parfum on Grand Cayman. We didn't price them on board first. Mistake.

A L'Occitane face cream that was $101 on Grand Cayman was $94 on board and $85 each if you bought two! All the items were at similar savings.

They are at La Profumeria on Deck 7.

Cute doll in Logo shop

Barbie-type doll with Captain's outfit and other outfits for around $14. Comes in clear plastic backpack.

Also had MSC polo shirts for around $20.

Deck 7

I don't work for MSC. Just thought you'd like to know about the deals. :)

Thanks for this was there any jewelers selling watches gold and things if so were these better priced than the ports. My OH is looking for a new pair of raybans did they have any deals for them onboard.

Thanks

Judith

Eight years ago I sailed on an MSC cruise out of Genoa. We bought some lovely, unusual, inexpensive accessories on the ship (evening bag, shawl, knit shirt). There was a Murano necklace in a particularly lovely Heather color for about $110. Each day I looked at it, but as I am not much of a shopper, balked at dropping another hundred dollars. Was sure that I would see others, equally nice, in Rome--where I visit often--or in Venezia/Murano. The kicker is that since then I have not found Murano beads of the same quality at that price (and I design jewelry). This December will be my first cruise back on MSC, and you can be sure that I will check out the Murano jewelry and the shops. In general, I prefer to spend money on more travel, rather than shopping. Still, there are times when you see something that calls out as unique or special.

Edited by Arsinoe
typo

Thanks for this was there any jewelers selling watches gold and things if so were these better priced than the ports. My OH is looking for a new pair of raybans did they have any deals for them onboard.

Thanks

Judith

I saw raybans for sale on board and lots of designer sunglasses. I didn't price them.

Lots of fine jewelry for sale, but I didn't price it either.

Price before you go and you'll know if the prices are good.

In addition to a store with fine jewelry, they had the usual gold by the inch chains and some decent looking fake diamonds. I would have bought a ring by Buckley London, but the one I wanted was sold out.

The prices on duty-free liquor were insanely good.

Buy 2 bottles, get 15% off.

Buy 3 bottles, get 20% off. Brings the price of 1 liter Tanqueray Gin down to $12 and a liter of Cointreau $19.20

Leave room in your luggage for booze.

I saw raybans for sale on board and lots of designer sunglasses. I didn't price them.

Lots of fine jewelry for sale, but I didn't price it either.

Price before you go and you'll know if the prices are good.

In addition to a store with fine jewelry, they had the usual gold by the inch chains and some decent looking fake diamonds. I would have bought a ring by Buckley London, but the one I wanted was sold out.

Thanks for your reply I'm sure the prices will be better than in the UK.

Judith

There are definitely plenty of places to shop onboard, but this was the first cruise I've ever taken where I didn't see anything I wanted at all. It is especially unappealing to me when it is displayed like a yard sale outside the shops or on the pool deck every day. I could not have been more turned off to making a purchase.

Thanks

Judith

Hi Judith

My husband bought his ray-bans on the Preziosa last year. They were really cheap.

Because we both now have a pair we didn't look at the prices on the Divina but the other stuff was comparable in dollars to euros so I'm guessing you'll get an even better deal than we did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Judith

My husband bought his ray-bans on the Preziosa last year. They were really cheap.

Because we both now have a pair we didn't look at the prices on the Divina but the other stuff was comparable in dollars to euros so I'm guessing you'll get an even better deal than we did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks he was going to buy them at Heathrow before we leave but I think he might be better to wait and get them onboard.

Judith

How about diamond/gemstone jewellry? Did they have any onboard sales during the cruise and were prices any better than one would find on shore, or at home? I'm on the hunt for a unique (ie: not the usual cookie-cutter look you see in all the local chain-stores like Peoples/Mappins) diamond/sapphire ring and have found unique items on past cruises, so am looking forward to shopping on the Divina.