Carnival... Bring Back FUNSHIP FREDDY!!!

mrBit

Are you kidding me!!!????? It has been a while since we sailed Carnival and my 10 year old loved Freddy and got his younger brothers to be fans. So we get on the Dream, can't find Freddy and they tell me that Freddy is discontinued....

Oh... hell no! My kids were devastated.

They did like the force dancers and Dr. Sues but really wanted Freddy.

So Carnival, it does not take much... you still have all the costumes and such, just bring him out once and while.. at least for the kids.

Freddy is legend in my house... keep Freddy alive!

I have read that some kids were frightened of him... maybe that is why he isn't there anymore ??

Kids frightened? heck, I'm 39 and he freaks me out.:eek: That thing has got to be creepiest, worst idea for a mascot ever. I'm sorry OP and others, I have to say I'm glad to hear of his demise.:cool:

Edited by ShakyBeef
left out word

OK, let's see if this works 9trying to post link to specific post in an old, closed thread that got off on a FF tangent. Sarge posted a particularly telling photo of FF - one that seems to reveal his true creepiness.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39814963&postcount=268

Eww. That pic is disgusting. Shows his creepy true colors. I actually forgot about him waltzing around the ship until this thread popped up. We never did like him and always felt he was creepy--glad he's been "discontinued".

Eww. That pic is disgusting. Shows his creepy true colors. I actually forgot about him waltzing around the ship until this thread popped up. We never did like him and always felt he was creepy--glad he's been "discontinued".

Amen. I said to DH and oldest DD(12) a few minutes ago, "Funship Freddy is no more." DD, without missing a beat said "Good! That thing was creepy!" That's my girl.:D And DH said, "What, did they finally figure out he was scaring people?" This is the best news I've heard from Carnival in years.:p

i had no clue who yall were talking about until i clicked on that link. DS got the stuffed "doll" in the gift shop. i thought it was cute. but clicking on that link and seeing it lifesize and "real", that sh*t is creepy as all get out!! i can see how kids are scared of him! *I* am freaked out by him!

I don't scare easily. Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Bozo and other clowns (even Biffo), Ronald McDonald, the Burger King... none of them have ever scared me at all.

Funship Freddy, however, DOES scare me. I can live without seeing it ever again, thank you very much.

Funship freddy is back.... saw him on valor last week

There was a Fun Ship Freddy sighting on our cruise last month on the Carnival Pride

Well, crud.:( Here I was thinking there was finally a Carnival cutback I could be happy about.:rolleyes::p