Oasis of the Sea zip line question

Would someone shed some light on the "landing" when completing the zip line? Is a big jolt or a soft landing?

I would say it's between a jolt and a soft landing. It is a quick stop, but there is a crewmember there to help you.

Edited by clarea

There is a gigantic square of foam rubber that your feet hit when you stop. I'll admit I was going to do it until I saw that. I didn't want to risk a broken ankle with these 70 year old bones. It was fun watching, tho.

The only injury I have ever had during a cruise was on a zip line. In Roatan. But it was a particularly long and steep section. Boom. Hit the tree on landing. Sprained my ankle. This one looks pretty tame. Still going to try it :)

Funny thing. A podiatrist was part of our group on that cruise, and kept asking me for free legal advice during the cruise. When I asked about my ankle, he said "I only provide service in my office." Nice.

The only injury I have ever had during a cruise was on a zip line.

That's odd,I always thought that you couldn't get hurt that seriously on a zip line (it seems pretty inactive). However, on my most recent cruise on Enchantment, o tried the trampolines and I sprained my finger. It was purple and everything. Oh well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That's odd,I always thought that you couldn't get hurt that seriously on a zip line (it seems pretty inactive). However, on my most recent cruise on Enchantment, o tried the trampolines and I sprained my finger. It was purple and everything. Oh well.

The trampolines seem pretty tame to me, but I have a friend that messed up his knee on those trampolines.

Would someone shed some light on the "landing" when completing the zip line? Is a big jolt or a soft landing?

My dad celebrated his 75th birthday by doing the zipline. And he had just had an ankle replacement less than a year before. My mom and I were both holding our breath, but the he landed with out problems. The worker is there to help.

My dad celebrated his 75th birthday by doing the zipline. And he had just had an ankle replacement less than a year before. My mom and I were both holding our breath, but the he landed with out problems. The worker is there to help.

Likewise, my dad did the zipline on Allure at age 86.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a "bad" back and the "jolt" didn't hurt. Landing was ok. Wasn't prepared for Rope burn from the line when stopping....

How did you get the rope burn? Was it on your hands, like you had to grab the rope, or what? Just trying to picture this, and decide if I want to do it.

Edited by Gayle V

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sprained my ankle on the zip line in Costa Rica. Didn't stick the landing. Spent 8 nights out of 11 in a wheel chair. The worst part was I had to zip the remaining platforms because there was no other way to get out of the jungle canopy.

You can get hurt on a zip line!!