Can someone tell me the things that only CC members would know about Breakaway?

ma_t_gus

The mirrors in the forward elevators are square. The mirrors in the aft elevators are round.

Cabin decks have rugs with little fish swimming toward the front (forward) of the ship.

Bring your own set of darts if you want to play a good game. The ship ones aren't very good.

About a 50% chance you will call at Great Stirrup Cay.

Breakaway is a great ship :)

Have fun!!!

P.S. First night O'Sheehan's has lamb Shepherd's Pie.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

Get the Vibe passes You will NOT regret it. Worth Every dollar!

They will Not bring a Pitcher of drinks to your Table (Try It) We asked at every Meal and keep being told they could not Company policy? What?

Ask for Ship pin at front desk. And Take every Pen they hand you. Got so tired of signing things I took every pen they handed me and left the ship with over 50 pens.

La Cachina Best Resturant on the ship for late night food.

Do the Chefs Dinner one of the best meals you'll every have.

Get the Vibe passes You will NOT regret it. Worth Every dollar!

They will Not bring a Pitcher of drinks to your Table (Try It) We asked at every Meal and keep being told they could not Company policy? What?

Ask for Ship pin at front desk. And Take every Pen they hand you. Got so tired of signing things I took every pen they handed me and left the ship with over 50 pens.

La Cachina Best Resturant on the ship for late night food.

Do the Chefs Dinner one of the best meals you'll every have.

Not sure getting vibe passes in November is with the money since your losing a few days of good weather sailing out of NYC in November. We are alson sailing on breakaway November 30th.

Enclosed shoes (closed-toe and closed-heel) are required to do the ropes course/plank.

(I haven't been on the Breakaway, but I sailed the Getaway, and that's the same.)

That's all I got.

Also: Absolutely no jewelry (including wedding bands and stud earrings) or even eye-glasses on the water slides!!!

New York hot dog cart on the ship. The dogs are free.

If you are in the main theater and sitting low near the stage you don't have to climb all the way back up to the top, there is an exit stage right that is an easy exit.

Don't miss the small venues for entertainment. Fat Cats and Headliners have great entertainment, check them out.

Don't do the Ice Bar if your from a northern city. Just wait till January and have a drink outside, the cost of the Ice Bar will pay for a bottle back home.

Hope this helps

The folks here know TONS of things. Not sure if they know much more that others that have also sailed.

I would suggest scrolling down through postings from the past few weeks and you will find even more stuff than what you will see here.

The folks here know TONS of things. Not sure if they know much more that others that have also sailed.

I would suggest scrolling down through postings from the past few weeks and you will find even more stuff than what you will see here.

Great point! Check out Gambee's Breakaway review! TONS of info, pics and even videos. He has a great writing style and his reviews tell a story rather than just info on the ship. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1851007

Try the lobster roll at the stand on the Waterfront. They are only open on sea days for limited hours and there is an extra cost, but it was delicious!!

If you go to the spa for a treatment and are led to room 15, request a different one. 15 is directly under the weight room and it shakes and pounds with every weight that is dropped on the floor above.

Have a great time!