Passenger age profile on Oriana

cefil

We are looking at a cruise on Oriana at the end of May next year. I know it is an adults only ship, so could someone fill me in on the normal age profile that you would expect on here . We are 50 so no spring chickens, but enjoy the nightlife on board and am slightly concerned that the majority may be quite a bit older than us.

And, before anybody takes offence, please don't as I know plenty of 70 and overs who still enjoy a good time, ( and some in their 50's and younger who don't!) it's just nice to have some people on board who are in a similar age bracket.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are looking at a cruise on Oriana at the end of May next year. I know it is an adults only ship, so could someone fill me in on the normal age profile that you would expect on here . We are 50 so no spring chickens, but enjoy the nightlife on board and am slightly concerned that the majority may be quite a bit older than us.

And, before anybody takes offence, please don't as I know plenty of 70 and overs who still enjoy a good time, ( and some in their 50's and younger who don't!) it's just nice to have some people on board who are in a similar age bracket.

Thanks

We're 70 and had 17 days on Oriana last May and it was a pretty livley cruise, a great band (Vanguard) played in Harlequins and the Pacific Lounge in addition to the shows in the theatre. We didn't stay up for the late night disco's but I think the average age the captain quoted was in the early 60's. It's a lovely ship.

Thanks for the reply. We have been once before on Oriana about 5 years ago in its pre adult only time. I agree, thought the ship lovely and wouldn't hesitate to go on it again as far as that part goes.

We were on her last year and of course the majority were late 60s, and 70s. There were a few younger. We are 67 and 75, but feel we are lively and don't go to bed early. We have another two cruises booked on her, one in a month's time.

I think it depends to a certain extent as to the itinerary. For example, I think, whatever the ship cruises to the Fjords tend to attract an older cruiser. Also cruises to the Caribbean tend to have a slightly younger clientele. We haven't been on Oriana since she became Adults Only but have been on Arcadia and there was a fairly good spread of ages on her - yes probably more over 50s than under 50s but that doesn't always mean fewer things going on - in fact we all seemed quite a lively group.

We are 61 and 64 and have travelled with friends aged 56 and 59 twice on Oriana to the Fjords and to the Baltics.

We met many people quite a bit older than us - but also quite a few younger. They all had one thing in common though - they were great fun and very lively and very active.

Entertainment went on into the early hours for those who wished it. :)

Edited by Scriv

We went on Oriana in July this year, and the age group was from 17 / 18’s up to 90’s, quite a few were around our age higher 50’s. If you fancy a late dance then starting between 11:30 and Midnight onward until late Harlequins becomes the ‘Late Night Disco’ good music with the dance floor being quite full, only downside was DJ Oscar he would very rarely speak but could judge the mood of the dancers.

We were on board her (she is a 'she' isn't she?) in February and were 51 & 55 at the time. To be fair we were one of the youngest although there were a small number who were a lot younger (twenties?)

Most are a fair few years older than us but believe me, they were dancing till dawn whilst we were snuggled up in bed knackered!