Will Chilled Soups go Away on Dynamic Dining?

DH and the other couple that we cruise with love Chilled Soups. They also like that there is a different flavor each night. If Dynamic Dining is instituted on Freedom after the Jan. drydock, will there be no option for ordering these soups? We are booked in Feb. 2015.

Looking at the menus posted here http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/

I didn't see any cold soups in the complimentary restaurants, so it does look that way (although it says that vegetarian, gluten free, etc alternatives are available so I wonder if the cold soups are included in those since they usually are the vegetarian option for soup) Sorry!

Excuse my ignorance, but what is "dynamic dining"?

Dynamic Dining is a new dining format being introduced on the Quantum and Anthem. Here is a snippet from the Quantum web site.

"It's dining at sea, reimagined, to give you more distinct options and total flexibility. There are no set dinner times, no required formal nights."

There will be multiple dining options (no fee) that will provide different dining experiences both in cuisine as well as dress. There is also talk about expanding this format to other ships in the fleet.

Dynamic Dining is a new dining format being introduced on the Quantum and Anthem. Here is a snippet from the Quantum web site.

"It's dining at sea, reimagined, to give you more distinct options and total flexibility. There are no set dinner times, no required formal nights."

There will be multiple dining options (no fee) that will provide different dining experiences both in cuisine as well as dress. There is also talk about expanding this format to other ships in the fleet.

Thanks for the info. I hope it's not on Freedom in March! I like the dining as it is now, but I'm old fashioned! :o

Isn't the whole "DD going fleet wide" thing just a rumor? Royal hasn't said this. Quantum and Anthem are being designed to have DD. There is no main large restaurant on those ships. I don't see how they can just roll this out to the rest of the fleet where those ships have an MDR and don't have enough discreet venues to offer DD. How could they possibly transform an existing MDR into a number of different venues without a dry dock of the older ships?

I love the chilled soups too. The strawberry bisque is my favorite. Maybe they will figure out how to offer some sort of DD concept to ships with an existing MDR, but I don't think the existing MDRs (or their menus) are going away anytime soon. They don't even know if DD is going to be as successful as they hope it will be as yet. It has yet to debut.

Edited by MattInFLL

Freedom is going into dry dock for the entire month of January, so who knows what they will do! Maybe install robotic bartenders!!!

Maybe even robotic waiters and assistant waiters!:eek:

Maybe even robotic waiters and assistant waiters!:eek:

Or drones! They could fly your entrée out of the kitchen and drop it on your table.

Back to the OP's post, my son loves the chilled soup and orders then every day. I hope they still have them.

Isn't the whole "DD going fleet wide" thing just a rumor? Royal hasn't said this. Quantum and Anthem are being designed to have DD. There is no main large restaurant on those ships. I don't see how they can just roll this out to the rest of the fleet where those ships have an MDR and don't have enough discreet venues to offer DD. How could they possibly transform an existing MDR into a number of different venues without a dry dock of the older ships?

I love the chilled soups too. The strawberry bisque is my favorite. Maybe they will figure out how to offer some sort of DD concept to ships with an existing MDR, but I don't think the existing MDRs (or their menus) are going away anytime soon. They don't even know if DD is going to be as successful as they hope it will be as yet. It has yet to debut.

Royal Caribbean PR tweeted out earlier today that Oasis is getting DD. She will be in drydock in October and DD will be inaugurated in March.

Thanks for the info. I hope it's not on Freedom in March! I like the dining as it is now, but I'm old fashioned! :o

Unless the Captain and Hotel Director of FOS are liars, Freedom will most certainly be getting Dynamic Dining during the January drydock so yes, it will be in place on your March cruise :)

Unless the Captain and Hotel Director of FOS are liars, Freedom will most certainly be getting Dynamic Dining during the January drydock so yes, it will be in place on your March cruise :)

Well, we'll see what happens.

Well, at least I was half right - they are not going to roll out DD to a ship without having a drydock first. And then they must be transforming the MDR in some fashion.
Wish FR was not going into dry-dock in January but rather was going in 2016, when it was supposed to. RCI pushed her Dry-dock up because of propulsion problems. Edited by SherriZ366

She was having propulsion problems when we were on her in February. We were delayed leaving as they had divers trying to fix it and again the next day in Coco cay.

I just don't want DD to interfere with us having family time dining, where the kids club whisks the kids away after they finish their dinner.

Cheryl

She was having propulsion problems when we were on her in February. We were delayed leaving as they had divers trying to fix it and again the next day in Coco cay.

I just don't want DD to interfere with us having family time dining, where the kids club whisks the kids away after they finish their dinner.

Cheryl

I agree -- DD & SIL were interested in this if they cruise in a few years with their triplet grandsons.