Cabin on Armonia backing onto stairwell

Plan B

Hi everyone

Just booked a Canaries cruise for the childrens Easter holiday on the MSC Armonia - the TA offered cabin No 8209, happy with this so went ahead. The paperwork was emailed 10 mins later and the cabin No is 8194, which means the back wall of the cabin is onto the stairwell :(

Anyone out there who has been in this type of cabin? Should we expect lots of noise?

I have asked the TA if we can have the original cabin but he didnt sound very hopeful.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone

Just booked a Canaries cruise for the childrens Easter holiday on the MSC Armonia - the TA offered cabin No 8209, happy with this so went ahead. The paperwork was emailed 10 mins later and the cabin No is 8194, which means the back wall of the cabin is onto the stairwell :(

Anyone out there who has been in this type of cabin? Should we expect lots of noise?

I have asked the TA if we can have the original cabin but he didnt sound very hopeful.

Thanks in advance

I think you have looked at the original pre stretch deck plans.

I have marked the 2 cabins in question on there,

They do not back on to a stair well but back on to a service duct.

This particular service duct goes all the way through the ship and up to the funnel so my best guess is it contains the engine exhausts.

However the new deck plans post stretch are very poor and cabin numbers are difficult or impossible to read and undoubtedly the cabin numbers youhave used will not be where i show them in the image below as there will be a big renumbering excersise to go through.

They may take this opportunity to remove all cabin numbers ending in 17 (it's an Italian superstition) just as most of the fleet have no cabins ending 17

Until deck plans which can be read properly are published I don't think anyone can help you

here is a link to the new deck plans for you to have a look at and see if you can work out where the numbers are

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Images/deck_AX_tcm13-97102.pdf

8196.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks for your replies. Yes, know about the stretch. If you go through MSC and 'book'a cruise on the Armonia, the new deck plans are used to show cabin positions and they are very clear - we are booked on the stairwell.

2 emails to Iglucruise and still awaiting a response :(

Am I worrying unduly about the noise? Or will we have loads of heavy-footed teenagers banging about on the stairwell in the early hours? Easter holidays so lots of kids!

Thanks

Thanks for your replies. Yes, know about the stretch. If you go through MSC and 'book'a cruise on the Armonia, the new deck plans are used to show cabin positions and they are very clear - we are booked on the stairwell.

2 emails to Iglucruise and still awaiting a response :(

Am I worrying unduly about the noise? Or will we have loads of heavy-footed teenagers banging about on the stairwell in the early hours? Easter holidays so lots of kids!

Thanks

I've tried a dummy booking and got through to the deck plans that way.

And still the cabin doesn't back on to a srairwell, in fct they are in the same position as on the pre stretch plans which makes suspect they haven't changed them on that part of the sitethay are close to a lift shaft but far enough away so as not to be a problem ( on this deck plan which may not be correct)

8209.jpg

The only time masses of folk use the stairs is for the muster drill.

I use the stairs instaed of the lift numerous times per day and am often on my own or only pass a few other passengers. A lot of people use the lifts tos get around.

I've not had a cabin in that exact position before but I doubt you're going to have continual noise.. Stairs are carpeted, so that will deaden some of the footfall anyway.