Golden children's facilities

shredie

I hope I'm not opening a can of worms with this subject ;) but I'm wondering if anyone has details (pictures, maybe?) of the kids' spaces on the Golden. My experience with this is pretty slim. I've been on the Golden, but paid zero attention to the kids when I was there. Now that I've turned into cruisin' grandma, I have this new interest in all things kid. :)

The deck plans indicate that the facilities are forward, decks 15 and 16. It appears that the upper deck is where they have the splash pool and playgrounds, and the lower deck has the other facilities. My grandsons' last kids' club was on the Star where the inside rooms and the play decks were on the same floor. I'm wondering what difference, if any, this two-story situation makes in the experience.

Taken on our 2010/11 cruise on the Golden (our daughter was in the teen group):

That day's activities:

2493569410103777938JwZbto_ph.jpg

outside of the Remix room:

2645056020103777938wnJPNa_ph.jpg

since we were on the Hawaiian itinerary:

2655882390103777938nIluBq_ph.jpg

I don't think we took any of the kids' area on the second Golden cruise. None inside any of the kid centers, as I said.

Any photos would had to be taken on the first day...they seem to be strict about adults taking photos when the kids are around' date=' for obvious reasons. Let me see what I have on photobucket.[/quote']

Yes, that's true. I wondered if anyone had pictures of the outside decks with the splash pool, etc. Thanks for these, though!

• 3 weeks later...
I hope I'm not opening a can of worms with this subject ;) but I'm wondering if anyone has details (pictures, maybe?) of the kids' spaces on the Golden. My experience with this is pretty slim. I've been on the Golden, but paid zero attention to the kids when I was there. Now that I've turned into cruisin' grandma, I have this new interest in all things kid. :)

The deck plans indicate that the facilities are forward, decks 15 and 16. It appears that the upper deck is where they have the splash pool and playgrounds, and the lower deck has the other facilities. My grandsons' last kids' club was on the Star where the inside rooms and the play decks were on the same floor. I'm wondering what difference, if any, this two-story situation makes in the experience.

I think the Pelicans and Shockwaves areas on the Golden were a bit of an after thought. Compared to other kids' clubs, they were extremely small. They did not go to the playground/kids pool area at all. Sorry I don't have any photos of either. However, I have to say that despite my disappoint in the facilities themselves, my kids had a great time...and that was after having been on a Disney ship just months before.

Thanks for the info! Been searching for Princess Pelicans recent experience. We switched to NCL a few years ago after one test cruise, but the 4 day Golden out of LA Oct 13th is too hard to resist. Was hoping our 7 + 5 year olds would have good time as NCL has been fabulous - as in we never put the kids in the club, they asked/begged to go in. Kids were much younger the last Princess trip. Looks like Pelicans is 3-7 so our two will actually be together on this one.