Navigator make an Unplanned Stop in Cozumel 8/26/14?

I am currently on the Caribbean Princess docked in Cozumel. Earlier today I saw two ambulances pull up on the pier. At the time we were the only ship at the pier, so I assumed that either a passenger or member of the crew on our ship need medical attention. About 15 minutes later the Navigator of the Seas pulls up. I didn't think much about it thinking they were in port for the day, but about 20-30 minutes later they pull away from the pier and sail away.

So, does anyone know where the Navigator was scheduled to be today, Tuesday, August 26?

I hope that whoever needed to medical attention is on their way to a full recovery.

I am currently on the Caribbean Princess docked in Cozumel. Earlier today I saw two ambulances pull up on the pier. At the time we were the only ship at the pier, so I assumed that either a passenger or member of the crew on our ship need medical attention. About 15 minutes later the Navigator of the Seas pulls up. I didn't think much about it thinking they were in port for the day, but about 20-30 minutes later they pull away from the pier and sail away.

So, does anyone know where the Navigator was scheduled to be today, Tuesday, August 26?

I hope that whoever needed to medical attention is on their way to a full recovery.

This was supposed to be a sea day for Navigator, enroute from Galveston to Roatan.

I'm on this sailing and the Captain made an announcement just before 9am that we would be making a stop at Cozumel because of a medical emergency. Today was a day at sea and we're at Roatan on Wednesday, Belize City on Thursday and we'll be back at Cozumel on Friday. We should still arrive on time at Roatan tomorrow.

I hope the person who left the ship is okay.

I'm on this sailing and the Captain made an announcement just before 9am that we would be making a stop at Cozumel because of a medical emergency. Today was a day at sea and we're at Roatan on Wednesday, Belize City on Thursday and we'll be back at Cozumel on Friday. We should still arrive on time at Roatan tomorrow.

I hope the person who left the ship is okay.

We sailed that itinerary on the Navigator in June. Great cruise.

I was also on the Navigator for this sailing. There were actually two people that were taken off the ship during the emergency stop in Cozumel. There was also another passenger that was taken off the ship when we returned during the scheduled stop in Cozumel later int he seek. When we returned to Galveston yesterday there was another person who was evacuated before everyone else was allowed to leave the ship.

Hope everyone is OK.

I was also on the Navigator for this sailing. There were actually two people that were taken off the ship during the emergency stop in Cozumel. There was also another passenger that was taken off the ship when we returned during the scheduled stop in Cozumel later int he seek. When we returned to Galveston yesterday there was another person who was evacuated before everyone else was allowed to leave the ship.

Hope everyone is OK.

We had a fantastic time on our cruise last week. did you and your wife attend any of the ballroom dance clases? I drug my DH there and we learned how to do the Cha Cha ( well sort of anyway) and we asked someone to take photos of us stumbling around and I just thought it may have been you as the gentleman resembled the face in your avatar photo.

Yes, I do hope that everything wad okay with the passengers that left the ship.

We were also on the 8/24 Navigator cruise. The unscheduled stop on Tuesday 8/26 (sea day) was for 2 people with medical issues, 1 passenger and 1 crew member. We learned from a crew member that one had a kidney stone that couldn't be treated aboard and the other had had a heart attack, but I never found out which was the guest and which was the crew member.

There was also apparently a couple who left the ship that morning. We were told that the couple had a major fight (physical I think) on night 1 and had to be separated on the ship. Evidently it never got better and they were asked to leave the ship.

We were also quite late leaving Galveston on Sunday 8/24 - sailed at about 7:30 instead of 4:30. The captain said there were divers doing some kind of maintenance on the stabilizers and this caused us to leave late.

It was a lovely cruise (well…for everyone except that couple, I guess!:eek:) and the late sail away and unscheduled stop in Coz didn't impact our scheduled ports. We had a great time!

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

We had a fantastic time on our cruise last week. did you and your wife attend any of the ballroom dance clases? I drug my DH there and we learned how to do the Cha Cha ( well sort of anyway) and we asked someone to take photos of us stumbling around and I just thought it may have been you as the gentleman resembled the face in your avatar photo.

Yes, I do hope that everything wad okay with the passengers that left the ship.

Sorry, we didn't attend any of the ballroom dance classes.

There was also apparently a couple who left the ship that morning. We were told that the couple had a major fight (physical I think) on night 1 and had to be separated on the ship. Evidently it never got better and they were asked to leave the ship.

Why is it that when I read that I thought - was Jerry Springer there? :D

I was on this sailing too. All in all, pretty great cruise. One negative, and this is nothing to do with RCCL. There was a table in the center of the main dining room that was VERY loud and rowdy every night. I have never witnessed such dis-courtesy in all my 20 cruises. Evidently there were many complaints. Not sure what RCCL or anyone could do in this situation, but it really ruined main dining for us and others. By the end of the week, we noticed most nearby tables were empty. Luckily, navigator has wonderful special dining. We enjoyed 3 that week. Chops was our favorite!

We were also on this cruise -- boy, a lot of stuff sure happened that I was completely unaware of!! We heard the announcement about the unscheduled Coz stop of course, but didn't know anything about the fighting couple -- where were they put off? And was the loud group in MDR on early seating? Must have been -- we never heard anything in the late seating.

To all of you who we didn't get to meet at the M&M -- we somehow didn't get the notice about where it was. So, I hope we get to sail again and meet each other! We had a fantastic cruise -- and celebrated DD's 21st bday in style.

We were also on this cruise -- boy, a lot of stuff sure happened that I was completely unaware of!! We heard the announcement about the unscheduled Coz stop of course, but didn't know anything about the fighting couple -- where were they put off? And was the loud group in MDR on early seating? Must have been -- we never heard anything in the late seating.

To all of you who we didn't get to meet at the M&M -- we somehow didn't get the notice about where it was. So, I hope we get to sail again and meet each other! We had a fantastic cruise -- and celebrated DD's 21st bday in style.

Yes, the loud table was MDR early seating.

We were on that sailing as well, and were just down the hall from the couple involved in the fight. We didn't see what happened but we saw security in front of the room at different times during the cruise. We asked our cabin steward about the security and told us what had happened. They may have been asked to get off at on the short stop that we had in Coz, but we saw security by their cabin door later in the week than that. We saw a felmale security officer a couple of times, and know for a fact that the female was in the room, and a couple of time saw a male security officer, and assumed that the man was in the room gathering up some things. I don't know where they kept him on the ship after they were separated.

I kinda wondered about the MDR commotion. We did MTD so were a couple of floors up, but we heard loud noises coming from below several times during dinner. There was one woman in particular, that my wife and I both commented about, that surely the tables around them had probably had enough.

Great cruise though. Debarkation wasn't a lot of fun, but everything else went great.