Woo! Just submitted my first price drop form!

cruisinbabs

There was a savings email today and it was running easy saver reduced deposits again and save up to 20%...

I did my mock booking.. the cruise rate was showing the same but it was the free upgrades that was going to save us a lil bit of money.

When I originally booked to get on Empress deck it was additional 2.30 per person/day..

not much I know but hey its something right? :-)

This is the letter I got last week, :(

Hello Debbie,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Regrettably, we were unable to locate the specific fare requested. On a positive note, we were able to find an even lower fare, which has now been applied. An e-mail confirmation reflecting the adjustment is on the way.

Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

Thank you for choosing Carnival.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Scott G.

I was expecting $270, BUT instead I have $330 OBC.

I love Early Saver. This is my 4th cruise we've used it for and we've never got on the ship with less than $200 OBC.

The last three price drops for my cruise has been denied when sent in with the early savor form. I now email my PVP and she takes care of it. I have $601 in onboard credit for my cruise. If anyone gets denied the credit call the 800 number or your PVP. I learned my lesson and will not use the form again. ;)

Wow - some of these OBC's are awesome! I was excited about getting a free upgrade and $10 off my cruise fare.

My PVP did say my sailing was almost empty so I'm hoping there are lots more price drops in my future! Hoping on enough to at least pay for our gratuities.

Don't you just love early saver?

I agree with the few, call... it is much easier and you can work through issues they may have. My biggest issue was the Carnival rep did not put in my VIFP # and without it, there was only a GTY rate that was cheaper. Took me 45 minutes to finally get them to "see the light". Once they did, saved me $170.

So, call; do not use the form. :)

First, you need to be booked under the Early Saver plan. If you have this, when the price you paid for your cabin goes down, including port charges (basically, do a mock booking for your cabin), you can contact Carnival for a price adjustment.

If you have not booked Early Saver and are past the final payment date, you are out of luck.

If you are before final payment date and have a refundable booking, you can contact Carnival for a price adjustment.