Question about Regal Princess Aloha Deck

travelsuz

We love the aft cabins on the Aloha deck on the Crown and Sapphire. We love that we can just walk out the back of the ship and up a couple of stairs to the pool, bar and buffet. Is it the same on the Regal? I have looked at the diagrams on Princess website but am not sure? Does anyone know? Thanks!

We love the aft cabins on the Aloha deck on the Crown and Sapphire. We love that we can just walk out the back of the ship and up a couple of stairs to the pool, bar and buffet. Is it the same on the Regal? I have looked at the diagrams on Princess website but am not sure? Does anyone know? Thanks!
Only on the Sapphire are you one deck away from the HC and the Terrace Pool when you are on Aloha deck 12. On the Crown you would need to be on Riviera deck 14. As others have said, you would need to be on the Marina deck 15 to be one deck below the HC. Unfortunately, there are not the aft stairs between Marina deck and the HC and the aft pool on the Regal is up one more deck on the Sun deck 17.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes you can take the aft staircase or elevators up three decks to the Horizon Court/Bistro buffet, and main pool deck. Or go up four decks to the aft deck pool!

The answer is "no" because the OP was asking about walking to an aft exit to the outside and then going upstairs.

The answer is "no" because the OP was asking about walking to an aft exit to the outside and then going upstairs.

Exactly. The Royal and Regal are a completely different design from the Grand Class ships, including the Crown and Sapphire. First, there is no aft Terrace Pool area, as on the Grand Class ships (although there is a new aft "dip pool" on the Regal, but it's several decks above Aloha.) Plus, unlike the Sapphire and Crown, there is yet another deck of passenger cabins ("Marina Deck") - in addition to the Riviera Deck on the Crown - between Aloha and Lido, where the HC is.

But, there is an aft staircase and elevator bank that will take you there quickly.

If you open side-by-side web browser windows on your computer screen, then open the deck plans for the Regal Princess in one window and the deck plans for the Sapphire Princess in the other, select Aloha Deck and scroll to the aft section in each window, and then work your way up deck-by-deck on each set of deck plans, you should be able to get an idea of the differences in the layout.

Hope that helps.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

Exactly. The Royal and Regal are a completely different design from the Grand Class ships, including the Crown and Sapphire. First, there is no aft Terrace Pool area, as on the Grand Class ships (although there is a new aft "dip pool" on the Regal, but it's several decks above Aloha.) Plus, unlike the Sapphire and Crown, there is yet another deck of passenger cabins ("Marina Deck") - in addition to the Riviera Deck on the Crown - between Aloha and Lido, where the HC is. ...
I don't want to get picky, but the "dip pool" on the Sun deck 17 on the Regal is called the Terrace Pool so there is an "aft Terrace Pool area". However that area is significantly different from that area on the Grand class ships and the nearest cabins are two decks below rather than one. I have not seen much posted about that area on the Regal on CC but we will check it out when we board her in two weeks and will post our impressions after the cruise.

Exactly. The Royal and Regal are a completely different design from the Grand Class ships, including the Crown and Sapphire. First, there is no aft Terrace Pool area, as on the Grand Class ships (although there is a new aft "dip pool" on the Regal, but it's several decks above Aloha.) Plus, unlike the Sapphire and Crown, there is yet another deck of passenger cabins ("Marina Deck") - in addition to the Riviera Deck on the Crown - between Aloha and Lido, where the HC is. ...
I don't want to get picky, but the "dip pool" on the Sun deck 17 on the Regal is called the Terrace Pool so there is an "aft Terrace Pool area". However that area is significantly different from that area on the Grand class ships and the nearest cabins are two decks below rather than one. I have not seen much posted about that area on the Regal on CC but we will check it out when we board her in two weeks and will post our impressions after the cruise.

Just for accuracy sake, I would note that I did specifically say that there is no "... aft Terrace Pool area, as on the Grand Class ships", while also identifying the existence of the very different dip pool area. ;)

To get to the rear pool/dip pool you would have to walk or take the rear lift to 17 there are sun beds at the aft and around one side, the other side has a high fence around the teen/kids area( no noise ever heard ) there is a tea/drinks area which is smoking behind the pool, you can walk down stairs to 16 which is a covered by the pool but open to Aft, it has a bar with tables so you can bring food out from HC/HB also has some easy sofas.

I can post a few pics if you want x

To get to the rear pool/dip pool you would have to walk or take the rear lift to 17 there are sun beds at the aft and around one side, the other side has a high fence around the teen/kids area( no noise ever heard ) there is a tea/drinks area which is smoking behind the pool, you can walk down stairs to 16 which is a covered by the pool but open to Aft, it has a bar with tables so you can bring food out from HC/HB also has some easy sofas.

I can post a few pics if you want x

Would love to see pics, thanks :D

Thank you for your help! I was disappointed to see there wasn't the aft pool like on the sapphire, but I am sure we will find more to enjoy when we go in January. If someone wants to post pics that would be great, or tell us about it after they would return I would love that! We are still trying to decide on room locations 😍 so any tips would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your help! I was disappointed to see there wasn't the aft pool like on the sapphire, but I am sure we will find more to enjoy when we go in January. If someone wants to post pics that would be great, or tell us about it after they would return I would love that! We are still trying to decide on room locations so any tips would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have no doubt that you'll have a wonderful time. The Royal and Regal are absolutely beautiful ships, with some wonderful new (and old) features. You will read a lot of comments here on CC from people who LOVE the Grand Class ships (as we most definitely do) who miss some of those elements on the new design - and I, too, miss some of the Grand Class features; but if you're willing to be open minded, I think you'll find a LOT to like on the Royal and Regal. And, there area always plenty of itineraries on Grand Class ships for your next cruise, if you find you like that better. There are plenty of things to enjoy about both designs. :) Happy cruising.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere