Opinion Needed, 4 day Dream and 2 days at WDW or 7 day Fantasy?

stan1541

We have a 3 yr old and 7 year old. The 3-yr old is 98% for height so she can go on most rides at WDW, but she is still 3.

We have been debating on a 4 day and 2 days at Magic Kingdom/Animal Kingdom or doing a full 7 day cruise. The cost difference is that the 7 day is $1,200 more. I think if they were the same cost, i'd do the 7 day cruise, but i'm still torn.

What experience do you have or opinions on the matter that might help us make our decision?

Thanks!

This would be in January over the MLK break.

My 7 year old has been to WDW but he was just turning 3. We usually attend Disneyland every other year, he's been there twice before and as recently as April 2013.

I just love the parks and I love the rides and think that would be more entertaining than 3 extra days on the ship. Are we going to run out of things to do after 5 days on a 7 day like I feel I do on most other 7 day cruises with 3 days at sea?

You are not going to run out of things to do on the cruise. The sea days are the best days.

The parks vs. the cruise are different experiences. I joke that mom is on vacation on the cruise, while at the parks, mom is still on duty (making sure that everyone gets to do SOME of what they want, gets to eat at SOME of the right places, etc.) The cruise would include all of your food, the park plan you have might not. You'll likely tip more at the parks also if you eat at any sit down places, but not nearly enough more to make up for a $1200 cost difference. That difference might be less depending on your choices of hotels/cabin on ship, etc.

The parks are a lot of work; things are easier on the ships. If I had to pick Dream vs. Fantasy, there is no question--Fantasy wins. If you do cruise + parks, you essentially lose 1/2 of a day getting off the ship, to your hotel, and ultimately to a park. I know, people will pop up and say that they were at the park gate by 9, but frankly that's not realistic if you are doing a hotel check in. You'll also hit holiday crowds at the parks; the ships always sail as close to "full" as DCL can get them and are used to those levels. Full on the ships is nothing like holidays at the parks.

My choice would be a 7 night cruise.