11:15 a.m. flight departing MIA.

nashscan

Hi. I'm returning from a Carnival Glory trip on October 25. Is 11:15 a.m. flight going to work? It's the latest departure I can take using my miles.

possible... but then again... any glitches... weather, customs, could hold you up. also... you need to be at the airport no later than say 10 am with the lines and security there. So you would have to be off the ship and in a taxi by 9;30 or so. yes it can be done... would I chance it?...nope.

Yes it can be done. We flew out of FLL and cruised into Miami and could have made it to that flight time. BUT you need to self disembark. Do not put your luggage out at night and be one of the first groups off the ship. That early the custom lines are really short and you can get through them very quickly and you don't have to spend time searching for your bags. That will all save you time. Then get yourself a taxi and get to the airport. It certainly can be done but don't waste any time. And of course I have to put my disclaimer in there about of course this is all going to work if everything goes 100% according to plan and nothing gets delayed. Like the ship comes in on time, customs isn't delayed etc!

Here's my final decision and rationale. I am going to fly out of Nashville at 6:55 a.m. nonstop to MIA the morning of the cruise. It's the first flight of the day and on-time performance indicates about a 1% chance I will miss my cruise. Saving over $100 in meals and lodging more than makes up for the risk in my opinion.

The return flight...more risky. 11:15 flight out of MIA could be problematic, but I have a few miles and will save $200. In case I do miss it, there's a good chance American will put me on a later flight. Worst case scenario, I have to pay a really expensive fare to get on another flight.

I do understand if something goes wrong, I am fully responsible for my travel decisions, but in the long run, I am making the right choice for my $$$ and risk tolerance.

Hi. I'm returning from a Carnival Glory trip on October 25. Is 11:15 a.m. flight going to work? It's the latest departure I can take using my miles.

I've had around 10 flights around that time and haven't missed one yet. You'll easily make it 99.9% of the time. Enjoy. :)

Plenty of time, we were at the airport before 9 and we had an 1120 flight and we had a long wait.

I don't know if they were following this conversation, but the flight I was going to book is gone. I am going to stay hands off for a few days and if it stays gone, I am going to book SWA as a big Eff You to American.

I don't know if they were following this conversation, but the flight I was going to book is gone. I am going to stay hands off for a few days and if it stays gone, I am going to book SWA as a big Eff You to American.

that you think it is AA's fault the seat is gone. YOU are the one who decided to hold off on making the reservation. So sorry that someone else on this planet thought that that flight met their needs.

Doesn't AA allow for a 24-hour hold on a final reservation before requiring full payment [in either cash or FF miles]?

I have no idea about your intended itinerary but it would not hurt you to call AA and see what they can do about getting you an award seat. Quite often the CSR has access to more flights than do customers on the web.

Since US Airways now accepts AA FF miles for award travel it is possible that US Airways might get you an award seat. Again, I have no idea about your flight itinerary so do not know if US Airways can help.

Booking an award seat over the telephone normally costs the caller approximately $25 if they are non-elite with the airline. Some people see that as reasonable, others refuse to pay it [those are the folks who cut off their nose to spite their face].

Have a nice life.

Hi,

My family just got off the Glory this morning. We used the Ft. Lauderdale airport (Jet Blue, they only fly out of FLL).

Our flight left at 11:30AM. We were concerned, but no problem. We were in the Airport, past security and waiting in the airport at 8:40AM.

Miami Airport? I can't see a problem time-wise. Just be sure to get off the ship, with your luggage, first.

:)

I am off the Victory this morning and made a 9:40AM flight from MIA. I made a 10:05 flight from MIA coming off the Breeze last year and was off the ship before 7AM. Having said that, I don't recommend a flight before 10...I was very stressed out especially when the ship wasn't even docked by 7AM!! I was literally one of the first 10 people off the ship and through customs (did self-assist). I won't book such an early flight again-the stress is not worth it- lesson learned! I would certainly feel comfortable w a flight after 11AM, though.

Been there and done it. Almost that exact time. Self assist , and hope everything goes right. It can be done , but it is very rushed !

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Love it!

The mad dash! The teeth-gnashing! Running from the proverbial fire!:D

As others have pointed out, hopefully the stars are aligned.

Notice NO ONE ever comes back on if they don't make that flight!:rolleyes:

So take the 3:10pm flight direct to Nashville and that way you have plenty of time. Plus there are numerous options that go through Charlotte, DFW, Philly, New York or Chicago that all leave around noon or early to mid afternoon. They changed the 11:15am flight...it happens, I'm pretty sure they are not sitting in an office in Ft Worth reading this message board just waiting to screw over some cruiser. There is still many viable options to get from MIA to BNA on Oct 25th.

p.s. I just checked for 40k (20k each way)miles you can do the 6:55am flight to MIA and the 3:10pm flight back to BNA both ways in coach. And for only 32.5k (20k down and 12.5k back) if you are willing to go via JFK or DCA and leave at 11:15am or 11:55am.

Edited by TruckerDave

As long as the ship docks on time and debarkation starts at its normal time you will be fine. Use self-assist and grab a cab to the airport.

About two years ago we had a 3:10 p.m. flight. That meant six, or more, hours sitting in the airport lounge. We asked one of the attendants in the Sky Lounge what it would take to get the 11:35 a.m. flight. She was able to switch us for no charge. This was Delta and we were Gold Medallion status at the time. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

We've lost our Gold status now. I sure miss those first class upgrades. :)

Take care,

Mike