Thinking of writing a review....

Hi all,

We are sailing on Indy next Saturday.

I was thinking I might try my hand at writing a review / journal of our cruise.

I love reading reviews, and have spent many hours pouring over them on here. In particular max's mom, gambee and I recently got addicted to the live review written by Nix.

Does anyone have any tips for writing a great review?

I have bought myself a lovely new notepad and pen so that I can make notes at the beginning / end of the day and will try and remember to take photos of the menus so that I can include them if I want to.

Any tips from the frequent review writers would be much appreciated!

Thanks

:D

I was thinking I might try my hand at writing a review / journal of our cruise.

I love reading reviews, and have spent many hours pouring over them on here. In particular max's mom, gambee and I recently got addicted to the live review written by Nix.

Does anyone have any tips for writing a great review?

:D

I don't think I qualify in the same level as Gambee, max'smom etc, but I got some love on my very first review of Navigator this past May, so maybe I did something right:) If at all interested, click on my signature below how I did my review and also look at the others at you mention.... you'll likely blend ideas from everyone into your own style.

Personally, I don't like reading long text reviews. I do love reading photo heavy reviews that also include details of important things that seem to be asked by many CC'ers or are hot topics. I like to read about how my fellow cruisers spent their time, and I always get so much more with photos. So the reviewers I really like I tried to emulate (ie. Gambee, max'smom, etc).... a good blend of photos + descriptions. Have an awesome cruise and I look forward to seeing your review! :D

The diary/journal style review is what we enjoy reading the most and I agree with Hoopster95 in that the pictures really help. I guess my wife and I enjoy cruising vicariously through other's cruises when we aren't cruising and Max'sMom's reviews are our favorites so far.

They give us ideas for what we want to do/experience on our upcoming trips. They are incredibly helpful and we are in every reviewers debt!

Edited by AlexanderBeetle

Thanks for all your positive comments.

It's made me more determind to complete a journal to post.

I have been treated to my first DSLR camera for my birthday, I'm no photo-taking pro but do love looking back at holiday / other photos so I will be sure to take lots of informative photos too!

Thanks again :-)

I don't think I qualify in the same level as Gambee, max'smom etc, but I got some love on my very first review of Navigator this past May, so maybe I did something right:) If at all interested, click on my signature below how I did my review and also look at the others at you mention.... you'll likely blend ideas from everyone into your own style.

Personally, I don't like reading long text reviews. I do love reading photo heavy reviews that also include details of important things that seem to be asked by many CC'ers or are hot topics. I like to read about how my fellow cruisers spent their time, and I always get so much more with photos. So the reviewers I really like I tried to emulate (ie. Gambee, max'smom, etc).... a good blend of photos + descriptions. Have an awesome cruise and I look forward to seeing your review! :D

I will check out your review this evening, thanks so much.