5 ships in town on our San Juan port day - will this be an issue?

MrsMick1

We are on the 2/21/15 sailing of Carnival Glory. The day we visit San Juan, there are a total of 5 ships in port. We've never visited San Juan before and were excited to check out the fort and some of the typical tourist-y spots, but I'm wondering if the crowds will be completely unmanageable. Any experience with a high capacity port day in SJ?

We are on the 2/21/15 sailing of Carnival Glory. The day we visit San Juan, there are a total of 5 ships in port. We've never visited San Juan before and were excited to check out the fort and some of the typical tourist-y spots, but I'm wondering if the crowds will be completely unmanageable. Any experience with a high capacity port day in SJ?

What is it you want to do? It will not be crowded like other ports with that many ships in at a time. IMHO the best thing to do in an Juan if you are there for the day is to walk the perimeter of the old city walls, then up through the old city gates and on up the Fort "El Morro" then tour the fort and either walk down through the city or walk over to Fort "San Cristobal". I think it is a great city to explore... the old cobblestone streets and historic buildings and charm. Lots of vendors will be out selling their wares and a great opportunity to enjoy the culture of Puerto Rico. Also try to go to Barrachinas and get an original Pina Colada. I have 2 reviews in my signature from Victory cruises out San Juan that will have some pictures in them if you care to look. Enjoy your time there. :D