Hotels in Genoa/Genova

tsahall01

Greetings!

We'll be disembarking in Genoa on November 13, 2014. I have stayed in Genova before at the A/C Hotel. It is pretty far removed from the port area and was wondering if anyone had any hotel suggestions for here.

Thanks!!

Cheers, Susan

Edited by tsahall01

I've stayed T the Bristol Palce many times and really like it. It has character and is a bit quirky, lots of lovely antiques and it is in a superb location.

Last time I used my Melia Rewards points and give the Melia a try. Lovely hotel with great rooms and nice restaurant and good standard of service. Ultra modern and. OmfortbL. Location is not as good as the BP and I kind of like the traditional Italian feel of it compared to modern Melia.

I've stayed T the Bristol Palce many times and really like it. It has character and is a bit quirky, lots of lovely antiques and it is in a superb location.

Last time I used my Melia Rewards points and give the Melia a try. Lovely hotel with great rooms and nice restaurant and good standard of service. Ultra modern and. OmfortbL. Location is not as good as the BP and I kind of like the traditional Italian feel of it compared to modern Melia.

We used the Melia Genoa and really liked it. I cost €30 for a taxi from the airport and €14 to the port.

We found the restaurant to serve a very high standard of meal albeit a bit on the pricey side.

We booked through a discounted web site and got B and B room for €103, the food bill was €73 for the evening meal including drinks.

The breakfast buffet of all you could eat had a very large selection of hot and cold items

There is a taxi Rank immediately across the road from the hotel.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks for the speedy replies, Annie, Amo, & Pete!

Quick question. I've been to Pisa before, but my husband has not. We were thinking of staying in Genova our first night and then going to Pisa by train. We would then leave our luggage at the train station and go out to the tower, tour that, and then continue on to Milan. Would it be better, do you think, to just go to Pisa after disembarking and spend the night there and then continue on to Milan from there??? Decisions, Decisions!! LOL!!!

Cheers! Susan

Thanks for the speedy replies, Annie, Amo, & Pete!

Quick question. I've been to Pisa before, but my husband has not. We were thinking of staying in Genova our first night and then going to Pisa by train. We would then leave our luggage at the train station and go out to the tower, tour that, and then continue on to Milan. Would it be better, do you think, to just go to Pisa after disembarking and spend the night there and then continue on to Milan from there??? Decisions, Decisions!! LOL!!!

Cheers! Susan

Given the choice and a whole day to explore I'd go from Genoa and stay overnight in Florence and the next day visit places in Florence then move on to Pisa before going to MIlan.

Many ships that dock in Livorno run full day excursions that take in Florence and Pisa on the same tour, I've actualy done that, so it is a reasonable thing to do.

You may even be able to go to Pisa, see the tower, and then on to Florence for an overnight stay on the day you arrive back and then have the next day in Florence before moving to Milan.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, AmoMondo and Skier 52!:D I just booked the Hotel Bristol Palace for Genoa. I was going to stay in either Pisa, or back at the A/C Genoa, but decided to stay at the Palace instead! I really enjoy Genoa, and the Eataly restaurant there, so might not make it down to Pisa at all--might need a veg day after an 11 day port intense cruise!! :eek: I really appreciate all your suggestions!!

Cheers!! Susan

Thanks, AmoMondo and Skier 52!:D I just booked the Hotel Bristol Palace for Genoa. I was going to stay in either Pisa, or back at the A/C Genoa, but decided to stay at the Palace instead! I really enjoy Genoa, and the Eataly restaurant there, so might not make it down to Pisa at all--might need a veg day after an 11 day port intense cruise!! :eek: I really appreciate all your suggestions!!

Cheers!! Susan

Have a great cruise and enjoy your post cruise stay , wherever you choose to visit.

Pete

Ps I'm embarking in genoa on 27 Nov just two weeks after you're there

Edited by Skier52

Cheers!! Susan

Happy to help. Have a great trip!

AmoMondo,,,do you recall if the Hotel Bristol Palace had rooms and or suites which included a balcony or terrace? I have been doing quite a bit of research on the property, but have yet to come across any information regarding this. Thanks so much for all of your information!!!

I love the Gran Savoia which is just opposite the train station

Kelseys,,The Hotel Grand Savoia is rated #1 on Trip Advisor, but I have read a few reviews that state it is not in the best part of town. We love the location and the the historical ambiance of the hotel, but as first time visitors, we want to be sure we are safe as well. We have narrowed our search down to the Grand Hotel Savoia and the Hotel Bristol Palace. Hopefully our decision will be a bit clearer once the pricing and availability for both properties are released. If you could elaborate briefly about your experience Kelseys, I'd love to hear your take on The Hotel Grand Savoia.:D

AmoMondo,,,do you recall if the Hotel Bristol Palace had rooms and or suites which included a balcony or terrace? I have been doing quite a bit of research on the property, but have yet to come across any information regarding this. Thanks so much for all of your information!!!

Not many old European hotels have balconies in city centres . Some have Juliet balconies but really not the same thing. I don't recall there being any in the Bristol Palace in any of the rooms I had. The first time I had a massive room (by European standards) and we had a spa bath which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Not many old European hotels have balconies in city centres . Some have Juliet balconies but really not the same thing. I don't recall there being any in the Bristol Palace in any of the rooms I had. The first time I had a massive room (by European standards) and we had a spa bath which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I know exactly what you mean by a Juliet balcony Amo. My girlfriend would love a spa type bathroom so we'll definitely be looking to reserve a suite,,picking the right hotel it seems is proving to be a lot harder than I anticipated.

I know exactly what you mean by a Juliet balcony Amo. My girlfriend would love a spa type bathroom so we'll definitely be looking to reserve a suite,,picking the right hotel it seems is proving to be a lot harder than I anticipated.

I know what you mean. Even when I've made the derv action, I start slithering about whether I should have booked something else.