Bad News

cuthbert732

I planned and payed for my cruise got the bad news that I have to go Texas for my job.I tried to get out of it but it came from Washington don't go no job.I hope my trip insurance can help.To say I'm p.o is a understatement was so looking forward to the Conquest in November and I got upgraded to a balcony.Can anyone tell will I get anything back or is it all lost. TEARS :mad:::(

Some things to check:

Read your insurance policy details to see if your situation is covered.

If the final payment date for your sailing is still in the future, you should be able to cancel now and get a full refund (or a bit less if you booked ES.). But that won't apply to air if you bought that separately.

If the final payment date has already passed, you're not in the 100% penalty phase yet, so you won't lose everything if you cancel now.

Good luck!

Some things to check:

Read your insurance policy details to see if your situation is covered.

If the final payment date for your sailing is still in the future, you should be able to cancel now and get a full refund (or a bit less if you booked ES.). But that won't apply to air if you bought that separately.

If the final payment date has already passed, you're not in the 100% penalty phase yet, so you won't lose everything if you cancel now.

Good luck!

If the cruise is Nov. 9, that's more than 60 days as far as the cruise itself.

From now to when you would have cruised look for a new job. The days of employers dictating because the economy is soft is over. Recent article on CNBC states that people are finally quitting their jobs. Which mean the pendulum is now moving to the middle and will be soon in the employee side. Employers are already having a hard time finding good qualified candidates.

Good Luck!

From now to when you would have cruised look for a new job. The days of employers dictating because the economy is soft is over. Recent article on CNBC states that people are finally quitting their jobs. Which mean the pendulum is now moving to the middle and will be soon in the employee side. Employers are already having a hard time finding good qualified candidates.

Good Luck!

Not to get on your case but you have got to be kidding me.

Chances are the cruse date can be changed with no penalty.

Quit a job because you can't go on a cruise?

I think it was more of a look for another job where the employer would have more respect for vacation plans (and me) that were made, paid for, and time was obviously available. To be told 'if you go then no job' would lead me to start looking also. I would not quit until I found another one though. ;)

Come on folks. There are 2 sides to every story.

Sure OP is upset. I would be to.

Whats to say that the meeting is not with customers or other workers coming in from all over the US and overseas and can not be changed and the OP is a main spoke in the wheel to make the meeting successful in making that

$2M sale?

Some of you jump too quick and do not appear to get the whole story before you recommend to someone to go looking for another job.....:rolleyes:

Edited by FireEater

OP just a quick question, had you already requested and been granted the time off. If so I think you would have a case against the employer where a civil suit would require there to reimburse you what you paid out. Also if that is the case, I wouldn't quit but I would start looking for a new job.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP just a quick question, had you already requested and been granted the time off. If so I think you would have a case against the employer where a civil suit would require there to reimburse you what you paid out. Also if that is the case, I wouldn't quit but I would start looking for a new job.

I took the OP's post to mean if he didn't move/relocate then he wouldn't have a job.

I am amazed I don't think I have seen such bad or silly advice on posts before.

Apologies to those suggested call the Cruise line, they will most likely work with you and reschedule.

How about talk to your boss and explain I have a trip paid for, and see what they company may do if they have to ask you to change.

Very few employers are going to ask you to change set vacation plans unless its very important. To suggest a civil suit or to quit your job is just silly.(not my first choice of word) Not everyone works at minimum wage jobs, I doubt they are telling OP they had to have him on the business trip if he is a job were he asks Do you want fries with that. Clearly OP is a key person who is needed, they didn't share all the facts as to why or how it came about, but really you think the solution to the disappointment of missing a trip that can be rescheduled is reason to quit your job. No wonder its so hard to find good workers in America.

Good Luck!

How is that in any way helpful right now?:mad:

Not sure what company you work for, but I almost had this same situation. I found out a week ago I am getting promoted and moving from Wisconsin to Denver. The company wanted me to move the last week of Sept. But I have my cruise planned and paid for, and vacation time approved. Now I'm set to arrive to work the second week of October. My company completely understood that I had a vacation planned, and they did not want me to change my plans. Just quitting a job without knowing why you have to go to TX is silly. But I would speak to carnival, your trip insurance, and then if you can't reschedule without penalty or end up not getting a full refund talk to your company about compensation for it. They approved the time off, you booked, paid, and now they took it away from you.

For the record I never suggested quit. I suggested maybe look for another job if it was a planned vacation and the company is unwilling to work with him. And yes there is a precedent for the employer having to pay cost for a planned vacation that they cancel if it causes a financial issue for the employee. If it wasn't a scheduled and planned vacation OP is sol.

For the record I never suggested quit. I suggested maybe look for another job if it was a planned vacation and the company is unwilling to work with him. And yes there is a precedent for the employer having to pay cost for a planned vacation that they cancel if it causes a financial issue for the employee. If it wasn't a scheduled and planned vacation OP is sol.

Can you cite the precedent where you believe the employer must pay for a cancelled vacation? I don't believe there is one.

Good Luck!

Quit your job because you can't go on a cruise? You're out of your mind.

Not to get on your case, but I never said that. I said start looking for a new job. It is obvious that this employer does not care or respect this employee. If it was me, I would go to Texas so I can keep paying my bills. But since I have to keep thinking about my cancelled cruise, I would be motivated to find a new job from now until the cruise date that I just canceled. Of course, if I did not find a new job during this time I would keep looking. And when I did find new employment I would tell everyone I work with including the company's HR department about how they and this manager does not respect the employees earned time off. Frankly, I would start looking for a job with my biggest competitor and work to bury my former employer.

The economy is changing. Employers need to be reminded of that fact.