What on earth is going on RCI???

Last time the above happened to me, the person at C&A who fixed it told me to NEVER look at your bookings that include any kind of special pricing thru the "My Cruises" link. Always go through the Before You Board/Countdown to Cruise path. I now follow that advice and have not had another phantom increase (so far)

I booked my 11/8 Oasis by phone and had special pricing. When I called to pay on 7/9 ( early) the price quoted was much higher than my records and I was told then that I had gone into my account and caused the higher price 2 days after booking. Resolutions solved the issue. I called today, 2 weeks after final payment just to check that everything was ok and was told all was okay and if I need to look do the same as above. The agent said- let me tell you exactly what to do on the web site. He strongly suggested I call with any requests for excursions, shows, etc. He said they have no idea why it is a problem but it is.

He also had no idea why Cats isn't available for booking and apologized for all the issues. I am not happy that the web site has problems but I am glad the agents know it is a problem.

Afraid I will jinx myself, but I've not had any problems with our bookings, which I suspect is because they are all with a travel agent.

Just had to chime in Bob, I'm not afraid. :p I've never had a problem with a booking except when I used a TA....and it was easily fixed. I think there is a special list of people that the web site doesn't like....maybe it's the brand of computer they use. :D

So interesting, because I was just reading another thread about dining room servers on RCI who are begging for top-ten ratings. Now I come to this thread and find these horror stories and realize - hey, nobody every asks us to rate how RCI's website delivers customer service.

Yeah, somehow the IT people just keep on messing this up, and nobody surveys us about it. But if some dining room waiter doesn't get perfect tens on his evaluations - the boom gets lowered.

Why is that?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that based on my personal experience, your booking should be safe from unintended modification because it's a travel agent booking.

However, I'd wait a bit and see if anyone chimes in here to prove my theory is wrong.

I hope I'm not jinxing anyone, but I recently had a cruise booked with my TA disappear from Royal's site. . . I waited a couple days to see if it would magically reappear with no luck. So I called my TA and after a half hour of them putting me on hold to talk to Royal, they confirmed that my cruise was indeed still booked, but because it was booked under a special TA promotion, it was in a different category than other cruises which is why I couldn't see it. But I'd been looking at it for a few months so don't buy the story!

The TA rep had me log out of My Cruises and then I was able to pull it up by the reservation number so I saw that it was still there.

I'm not too worried since the cruise isn't until next March, but I'm concerned that even TA booked cruises are no longer safe!

I hope I'm not jinxing anyone, but I recently had a cruise booked with my TA disappear from Royal's site. . . I waited a couple days to see if it would magically reappear with no luck. So I called my TA and after a half hour of them putting me on hold to talk to Royal, they confirmed that my cruise was indeed still booked, but because it was booked under a special TA promotion, it was in a different category than other cruises which is why I couldn't see it. But I'd been looking at it for a few months so don't buy the story!

The TA rep had me log out of My Cruises and then I was able to pull it up by the reservation number so I saw that it was still there.

I'm not too worried since the cruise isn't until next March, but I'm concerned that even TA booked cruises are no longer safe!

Well, it's a different behavior than those bookings that are getting spontaneously re-priced, but it's still distressing.

I made my final payment today for my November cruise and noticed my credit card authorization was much higher than it should have been. I booked through a TA and have never used the "my cruises" link, so I had hoped I would be OK. My TA fixed it and said that RCCL repriced it sometime in May. She says I am good now since I've made my final payment, but the horror stories on this thread are worrying me.

Can someone explicitly state the "right way" to log in so this doesn't happen again? Is it through the yellow menu on top, click "Before you board" then "countdown to cruise" then fill out the reservation information?

I had previously always logged in on the top right, then clicked my reservation # on the bottom left menu to access everything. I'm done with my shore excursions and don't want to buy anything else, printed my setsail pass, so the only reason I would log in at this point is to print the luggage tags.

I booked online and had rewards points applied for free companion fare. I was so excited because they finally updated my balance. Then I made the mistake of going in and making a change to the bed configuration in the cabin and sure enough, once I hit save, my balance jumped up higher than it was when I first booked. I called and spoke with a very nice lady that apologized and after about 45 minutes and 3 different departments, my balance was fixed. She told me there have been many problems when changes are made through the website.

My booking has now gone back to normal checking it both ways although the final payment date has remained 14 Jan 2015 whereas its December 2014 on my original booking paperwork I printed but my FCC OBC has gone missing:rolleyes: