Pride and joy

morecambe13

Sealoveragain has got it so right! Except not "all" P&O customers..... But there are more than a few trolls out there who appear to take great delight in joining every Forum theme to winge, moan, knock and whatever whenever P&O or any Forum contributors make a statement of commitment or interest that is contrary to their own 3/4 empty glass opinion! They often hijack totally innocuous comment threads and join them apparently just to promote a knock P&O scenario. If I've ever had cause to challenge, complain, or even offer advice to a service supplier, and over the years there have been a couple with P&O, I do so on a one to one basis and get it sorted. I have never had need to escalate to for instance, Small Claims Court.

I'll sit back and wait now to be slagged off by the usual and predictable few ...... Hay Ho.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well said !! Anyone new to cruising reading some of the comments these "trolls" make would get completely the wrong impression. This thread is a classic example, P&O suggest a trial and they are going on about it not working and being a public relations disaster. Pretty sad !!

Select Fare with all the so called privileges (Pride & Joy etc) = Ransom Fare

There is a place for select fares...we have booked them in the past and have a couple booked for the next couple of years..we book them when we want a particular cabin for a particular cruise and appreciate we pay more for that..

Personally I preferred it when the fares started lower and increased as the ship filled up...I do believe that cheap prices have attracted a different sort of cruiser..just my opinion of course ;)

Well said !! Anyone new to cruising reading some of the comments these "trolls" make would get completely the wrong impression. This thread is a classic example, P&O suggest a trial and they are going on about it not working and being a public relations disaster. Pretty sad !!

There is a place for select fares...we have booked them in the past and have a couple booked for the next couple of years..we book them when we want a particular cabin for a particular cruise and appreciate we pay more for that..

Personally I preferred it when the fares started lower and increased as the ship filled up...I do believe that cheap prices have attracted a different sort of cruiser..just my opinion of course ;)

I think that's a bit harsh dgs1956, I think that most cruise passengers would agree that trying to provide personalised embarkation times is a step too far and probably doomed to failure, and for any loyal P&O cruiser another PR disaster is something they ought to make every attempt to avoid.

I agree with Midsomer Madness that select fares do have their uses, we need to book them because we require an accessible cabin, but I also would like to see much more competitive early booking prices for people who need or want to ensure their cabin selection. And it can be done, we have booked 4 cruises with Celebrity at brochure launch and so far we have only very rarely seen lower prices offered, and these have been very close to cruise sailing date and generally for the lowest grade of balcony cabin.

If P&O really were listening to what their passengers want, then lower launch prices should have been top of their list.

Perhaps a different sort of cruiser is better then ships not being full!. at least P&O think so.

Any basic change in pricing policy seems very difficult when the industry follows a basically similar pattern. A low high policy would have a point where your cruises were more expensive than the opposition, then sales fall off and you have to discount.

I think early release of cabins for select buyers would be appreciated and contribute to the pride and joy theme.

Perhaps a different sort of cruiser is better then ships not being full!. at least P&O think so.

Any basic change in pricing policy seems very difficult when the industry follows a basically similar pattern. A low high policy would have a point where your cruises were more expensive than the opposition, then sales fall off and you have to discount.

I think early release of cabins for select buyers would be appreciated and contribute to the pride and joy theme.

Yes that's probably true...they are never going to please all the people all the time...we get annoyed when a cruise we have paid top whack for suddenly sells at a huge discount, but ther is nothing we can do about it so try not to get too worked up about it now.

We got a great deal on our Oriana cruise which sails in a couple of months and even the save fares are more than we paid for an early saver, so the figures usually end up balancing one way or the other!

I await to see how they implement these pick your own boarding times!

Yes that's probably true...they are never going to please all the people all the time...we get annoyed when a cruise we have paid top whack for suddenly sells at a huge discount, but ther is nothing we can do about it so try not to get too worked up about it now.

We got a great deal on our Oriana cruise which sails in a couple of months and even the save fares are more than we paid for an early saver, so the figures usually end up balancing one way or the other!

I await to see how they implement these pick your own boarding times!

i book a select fare. 'What time would you like to board sir?' 11.30 am please. 'just let me check, yes your cabin will be available for that time

result :D

or sorry sir we can only offer you a cabin availability from 12.30

not quite as good but still better than 2pm :(

how do they micromanage this? Change the order in which the cabins are prepared. If a particular steward has too many 'early' cabins they can bring in a steward with few early cabins to help. then the original steward can help their colleage. After all, the cabins are mostly identical.

The icing on the cake will be that when you board a crew member shows you to your cabin :D

Select Fare with all the so called privileges (Pride & Joy etc) = Ransom Fare

Well don't pay it then! Our Select fare is still lower than the current Saver fare on our cruise AND we got £300 OBC and free parking. There are only 36 days to go until we cruise. There might be a very late offer that's less, but as happens quite often, we are very happy with what we paid.

i book a select fare. 'What time would you like to board sir?' 11.30 am please. 'just let me check, yes your cabin will be available for that time

result :D

or sorry sir we can only offer you a cabin availability from 12.30

not quite as good but still better than 2pm :(

how do they micromanage this? Change the order in which the cabins are prepared. If a particular steward has too many 'early' cabins they can bring in a steward with few early cabins to help. then the original steward can help their colleage. After all, the cabins are mostly identical.

The icing on the cake will be that when you board a crew member shows you to your cabin :D

Why would you want to go to your cabin as you board. No no no. In to the lunch and on to the champagne. The cabin being ready at 2 is way early enough. We have to chase the butler away now as it is.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Why would you want to go to your cabin as you board. No no no. In to the lunch and on to the champagne. The cabin being ready at 2 is way early enough. We have to chase the butler away now as it is.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Mmm, we know our place;)