Tender in Juneau - Where does it dock?

GummyBear

From what I've read the Star tenders in Juneau around noon and then docks at 3PM when the Spirit leaves. I would like to take the tender but I have an indipendent shore excursion that meets at the Roberts Mtn tramway at 3PM. Where is the tender dock in relationship to the cruise pier?

Thanks,

Bernie

As I remember Juneau, the tender dock is between the first two docks, near the tramway. The Spirit docked on the third dock, further south. When the Spirit left the Star moved in. Its a bit of a walk, but not that far, I'd say approximately 2,000 feet. The city of Juneau does run a bus every 10-15 minutes or so up and down the street by the docks to the downtown area.

It appears the tenders will take you directly to where you need to be picked up at 3 PM, or very close to it....

I was just on the Star last month. We arrived in Juneau at noon and they operated a tender operation for the first two hours. The tenders dropped you off in downtown Juneau. When we docked at 2:00 p.m. (where the Spirit had just left from), it was about a mile from downtown. (but I wouldn't suggest walking to it, busy narrow street with no sidewalks.)

After they docked they ran a free shuttle to and from the ship. Although I didn't take it because I was on a shore excursion, the Cruise Director kept saying that the shuttle picked you up and dropped you off at the base of the "Mt. Roberts Tramway." When our tender dropped us off, the driver pointed out the Mt. Roberts Tramway about a block from the Tender drop off point. (it was basically between the tender drop off point and the ship dock.)

KeysroneCruiser, thanks for the info. When I first heard that the tender does not dock near the ship, I was lead to believe that the tender took you closer to downtown. My shore excursion leaves at 3 from the tramway and I won't have much time to explore Juneau when I get back. I was hoping to take the tender and explore before the excusion. I see by your post that it won't be a problem.

Archived