Liberty Cabin 2450 deck 2 anyone have?

SugarStar00

I was just about to book this OV room and then read a few threads about it having and partially obstructed view due to a window washing platform. Its not being sold by carnival as an obstructed view, seems a little shady. Anyone ever stay in this room? How bad is the obstruction? Also its under the dining room, hows the noise level? I know we wont be in the room much, and looking out the window even less, but we usually have a balcony on the upper decks so I'm a little nervous about what to expect. Seems there's not much left to choose from for rooms either, anything else available is under the galley which I imagine is a much greater chance for noise. Pics would be awesome if you have them!

Thanks!

Jen

It looks like you will escape having the window washing equipment right over you (unless they move it). I checked several pictures I have of the Glory and Conquest and it is stationed outside 2446. There are 2 windows in each of the last 2 cabins. So your room would be window number 7. Equipment is at window number 8 - cabin 2446. However, this could change depending on the ship and just exactly where they park it.

The aft part of the ship is actually considered obstructed even the odd shaped cabins. Not really sure why it changes although I think it has to do with different sale fare codes. I have been in 2470 4 times between the Glory and Conquest and never heard a peep from the dining room above. It's carpeted so no noise. Hope his helps.

Here are pics of Glory and Conquest.

619c2364758f3f5f83b6a534e3334da8.jpg

8c1a2340599ea67e8cfdd9cfd0101d3f.jpg

04d5eceddb685fa9301a73c3c2cb808b.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife

We were in 2470 on the Conquest. Only once did we hear anything from the MDR. Happy Birthday was being sung at lunchtime. I was lounging on the bed and the room was absolutely quiet. If I was moving never would have heard it.

It looks like you will escape having the window washing equipment right over you (unless they move it). I checked several pictures I have of the Glory and Conquest and it is stationed outside 2446. There are 2 windows in each of the last 2 cabins. So your room would be window number 7. Equipment is at window number 8 - cabin 2446. However, this could change depending on the ship and just exactly where they park it.

The aft part of the ship is actually considered obstructed even the odd shaped cabins. Not really sure why it changes although I think it has to do with different sale fare codes. I have been in 2470 4 times between the Glory and Conquest and never heard a peep from the dining room above. It's carpeted so no noise. Hope his helps.

wow thanks for taking the time to look into this for me and for the pics! I wasn't even sure what the thing looked like. It does seem like it could be hit or miss depending on where they decide leave it. :rolleyes: wondering if maybe I should go down to deck 1 and avoid it all together.

wow thanks for taking the time to look into this for me and for the pics! I wasn't even sure what the thing looked like. It does seem like it could be hit or miss depending on where they decide leave it. :rolleyes: wondering if maybe I should go down to deck 1 and avoid it all together.

Deck 2 was perfect. I wouldn't worry about it and stay put. Or see what other cabins are available. But I wouldn't sweat it.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I was just about to book this OV room and then read a few threads about it having and partially obstructed view due to a window washing platform. Its not being sold by carnival as an obstructed view, seems a little shady.

It might appear shady because it's cabin 2446 that has the window washer obstruction. Not 2450.

The official cabin description lists 2446 as an obstructed window.

Cabin 2446 6B 220 sq ft cabin connects to: 2442

Beds: twin/king

View: obstructed window

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, minibar, 3-closets, sofa and coffee table

Non-smoking

Cabin 2450 6B 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: window

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, minibar, 3-closets, sofa and coffee table

Non-smoking

Strangely enough all the rooms in the aft even "around the horn" are listed when booking as Obstructed Ocean Views when in fact, they're not.

What's even stranger is that it seems they are only listed that way when the sailing is far. They tend to be not listed that way when certain sales pop up.

well I booked!!... but I ended up booking a room on deck 1 for now, room 1300. Its midship instead and no worries of noise above us or window washing obstructions, but not a clue what is below us. I saw some pics of the windows and I like how they are deeply set so you can actually sit in the window if you wanted, are all the OV windows like that or only certain ones?

well I booked!!... but I ended up booking a room on deck 1 for now, room 1300. Its midship instead and no worries of noise above us or window washing obstructions, but not a clue what is below us. I saw some pics of the windows and I like how they are deeply set so you can actually sit in the window if you wanted, are all the OV windows like that or only certain ones?

They are all like that. It's crew quarters and engine/mechanical stuff below.

I honestly don't think you would have an issue with the window washing equipment. It's not like you can really look to either side out of the window anyway real good. I would have stayed on deck 2 but that's just me. Deck 2 aft is so convenient to everything. You're going to have to go all the way aft and up 2 flights to get to dinner if you are in the Platinum Dining Room as you can't go midship due to the galley. You won't hear a thing from the dining room above. Not sure what kind of noise may come from below you if any. But whatever makes you happy!