Pride: The Best Of...

pbfp2008

Will be sailing on the Pride in October just before the drydock. For those of you that have been on the Pride, give me your one favorite thing about the ship, ore the one thing to not miss while on the ship. Best advice will win my Ship on a Stick that I will get because of my trivia prowess while sailing in October....

The most important thing not to miss is the boat. Everything else is a bonus....LOL! Otherwise I can't help as we aren't going till after dry dock for new years. Enjoy your cruise.

I will add that the Spirit class ships all have a very interesting promenade that goes around the main show lounge. On Pride I think it's the Sunset Garden.

Edited by rolaur

Enjoyed your review so far...and why Serenity area at night?

It's just pretty with the lights and especially if you can catch it on a night when the stars are out

And thank you....happy to hear that you're enjoying my review

Edited by wrigley80

Just sailed her, 17-24 August. Don't wait until the last day to have the pizza from the Lido deck. Best food on the Lido!!!

If you have kids...ask Guest Services when (& where) Funship Freddy makes his appearance. It is not advertised & my DD missed him :(

If you're up for it, the quest. Adults only, what happens there stays there :)

Seriously, it's hard to know without knowing who you are. My good friend and I have both sailed the Pride at different times, same itinerary and had completely different vacations. Where we hit up the trivia and games, she preferred the dance contests and hairy chest competition on the Lido deck. I loved the serenity deck, she didn't care for it much because she likes things loud and loves to be at the center of the party.

That's the one thing I loved about the Pride. For a small ship, you can have a unique vacation, one that you and only you choose. If you ask my 12 year old DD, she would give you a whole other "what we did on vacation" story. That one mostLy involves pizza and ice cream.

But yeah, do eat lots of pizza.

We love the Spirit class of ships. The layout is great it is fast to walk anywhere. Also, we like Butterflies Lounge for Punchliner comedy shows. Cruised twice in the past year on the Pride and we are going again in a few weeks. So I can't forget the folks that turn the ship into our vacation home and they are the Pride's wonderful staff. But the best thing of all is relaxation time. Enjoy your cruise and do as much or as little as you want.

The dining room experience! We loved Jeffrey! The new 2.0 menu on Liberty and staff just did not compare to the Pride. Pride we went every night to the dining room. Liberty we only went 3 out of 8 nights.

When we were on the Pride there was also a table Magician we enjoyed in the dining room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you on the first or second week of October?

I'm on the 1st and it will be my 3rd time on the pride. I love the easiness of navigating the ship and it being quick to get everywhere. I love the serenity deck at night when it is quiet. The dance club beauties is very interesting designed but fun. I've always had a great experience with the staff.

The one downside you may hear a lot if is how it can appear dark at times due to the theme. Some people have an issue with the nudity that can appear in the designs.

The steak house is good and the portions huge. It was hard to eat everything and you can't take it with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've been on the Pride four times, with cruise number 5 coming up next week. I think one of our favorite things on the ship is the piano bar. Roger is fantastic and really engages everyone sitting there. You can't help laughing and singing along. I was disappointed to see that he is going to be on another boat this time around so we will miss him, but if he's there while you're cruising, you need to definitely put this on your to-do list!

Book the steakhouse every night because the food and service in the MDR was awful.

Avoid the 80s trivia at the piano bar because they don't even use the

Piano. The CD will use his nifty CD player.

If you like karioke this is the ship for you!

I've been on the Pride four times, with cruise number 5 coming up next week. I think one of our favorite things on the ship is the piano bar. Roger is fantastic and really engages everyone sitting there. You can't help laughing and singing along. I was disappointed to see that he is going to be on another boat this time around so we will miss him, but if he's there while you're cruising, you need to definitely put this on your to-do list!

Where is PA are you from? Pittsburgh here! Definitely doing the Steakhouse at least twice when on board. Food is always good.

We often found ourselves in the library after dinner and they always had plenty of unopened cards for us to play rummy. :)

Not a public place, but we loved our room 4160 - so much so that we sailed twice in that room. :-)

Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lots of great suggestions here.

For a very quiet, private area check out the Sunset Garden Promenade, Atlantic Deck forward. Perfect for reading or watching the ocean go by. :D

I loved this area of the ship. DH, not so much....:(

Book the steakhouse every night because the food and service in the MDR was awful.

Avoid the 80s trivia at the piano bar because they don't even use the

Piano. The CD will use his nifty CD player.

If you like karioke this is the ship for you

We had the opposite experience. We ate in the MDR every night except the first night. Food and service was very good. Our servers were the best and funniest we ever had! We were not impressed with the steakhouse and wouldn't do that again. Can't comment on the trivia, but the karaoke did seem to be everywhere.