5648 on Wonder/Magic???

canyoncam

Has anyone stayed in this room? I know it has the solid white wall verandah and that is ok. But I have seen pictures of the room next door (5646) and how that is a very narrow balcony. I know that 5648 starts around the curve of the ship though so looks like it might be more normal size?

Also know it is one without the trunk for extra storage. this may present a problem on the Panama Canal crossing with my aunt who does not pack light :) But can a suitcase fit under the bed? And of course we are on the Wonder so do those beds still split? I have been on 8 Disney cruise and only slept in the bed for 3 of them because I am single so usually travel with my aunt or friends and just not too keen on sharing a bed. Must say their sofa beds are comfy though :p

Has anyone stayed in this room? I know it has the solid white wall verandah and that is ok. But I have seen pictures of the room next door (5646) and how that is a very narrow balcony. I know that 5648 starts around the curve of the ship though so looks like it might be more normal size?

Also know it is one without the trunk for extra storage. this may present a problem on the Panama Canal crossing with my aunt who does not pack light :) But can a suitcase fit under the bed? And of course we are on the Wonder so do those beds still split? I have been on 8 Disney cruise and only slept in the bed for 3 of them because I am single so usually travel with my aunt or friends and just not too keen on sharing a bed. Must say their sofa beds are comfy though :p

If you do an internet search for "Disney wonder room reports", you find several hits with room reviews. If you find a page with all ships listed, just click on the room number you are looking for (regardless of which ship it's actually listed under), as they lump all room reports together by number.

There is lots of storage in the rooms on DCL, even without the steamer trunks. There are two hanging closets, one closet with about 4 deep shelves, and 6 drawers in the desk. Plus a storage shelf (3 shelves) in the corner of the bathroom, besides the under sink shelf and a wide counter around the sink.

Yes, you can store stuff under the beds on the Wonder (still the splittable queen/twin bed). Sometimes you may have to lift the foot of the bed to slide suitcases underneath (the frame hangs lower than the rest of the bed).

If you do an internet search for "Disney wonder room reports", you find several hits with room reviews. If you find a page with all ships listed, just click on the room number you are looking for (regardless of which ship it's actually listed under), as they lump all room reports together by number.

There is lots of storage in the rooms on DCL, even without the steamer trunks. There are two hanging closets, one closet with about 4 deep shelves, and 6 drawers in the desk. Plus a storage shelf (3 shelves) in the corner of the bathroom, besides the under sink shelf and a wide counter around the sink.

Yes, you can store stuff under the beds on the Wonder (still the splittable queen/twin bed). Sometimes you may have to lift the foot of the bed to slide suitcases underneath (the frame hangs lower than the rest of the bed).

I have done the search and got good reviews but I specifically am concerned over size of balcony. none of the reviews mention anything, which leads me to believe it is normal size, but want a real answer.

Already a bit bummed as my aunt invited herself and it is her that needs a balcony. I had an inside room since I was solo. This was the last of the cheaper ones. To go up two categories since the in between is sold out is $400 pp. But for 15 nights that might be worth it if she would be upset over balcony size. She says it is ok but you know how some people say something to make you happy then proceed to pout so you know how they really feel :rolleyes: Don't know if I could handle that on MY vacation!

I'm not aware of any balconies on the Magic or Wonder that are more narrow than normal. The normal balconies are quite narrow. As you go around the curve of the ship, they actually get wider. The solid wall balconies that I am familiar with are the standard width. Haven't been in this room, but have been right down the hall in both directions. Solid wall balcony doesn't bother us at all. If she wants a seated ocean view,they are available on decks 4 and 9.

Beds on the Wonder still split. TO put a suitcase under the bed on the Wonder, lift up the bed frame at the bottom and slide the case under. We've found other spots for them as well, but this is amazing. Point out to her that laundry is $2 wash, $2 dry and that is a lot cheaper than excess luggage charges

You are probably saving money since you were paying the single supplement.

No, I wouldn't move to a cat 5 to get a plexiglass unless YOU want it. The balcony width is the same in all the cabins that I'm aware of till you get into the curve. This applies only to classic ships. Balconies on new ships are different.

I'm not aware of any balconies on the Magic or Wonder that are more narrow than normal. The normal balconies are quite narrow. As you go around the curve of the ship' date=' they actually get wider. The solid wall balconies that I am familiar with are the standard width. Haven't been in this room, but have been right down the hall in both directions. Solid wall balcony doesn't bother us at all. If she wants a seated ocean view,they are available on decks 4 and 9.

Beds on the Wonder still split. TO put a suitcase under the bed on the Wonder, lift up the bed frame at the bottom and slide the case under. We've found other spots for them as well, but this is amazing. Point out to her that laundry is $2 wash, $2 dry and that is a lot cheaper than excess luggage charges

You are probably saving money since you were paying the single supplement.

No, I wouldn't move to a cat 5 to get a plexiglass unless YOU want it. The balcony width is the same in all the cabins that I'm aware of till you get into the curve. This applies only to classic ships. Balconies on new ships are different.[/quote']

If this link works will show the narrow balcony I talk of. This is the room next to ours but before curve.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=12694795&postcount=59

Surprisingly only a difference of $200 from single with the supplement to paying half of the balcony! $200 would be worth it for me to have my space. And I had OBB for both these reservations (currently keeping the inside in hopes she talks someone else into going with her) so the 200 credit for me solo gets split in half knocking savings down to only $100. I am out and about most of the time so inside is fine. My aunt won't pay single supplement for her balcony, but I don't blame her. She might pay for a few drinks to keep me happy though

Edited by canyoncam

Hmmm...that does look narrower than normal. And I trust that is the only cabin open in that category.

OK, I'm a nasty person. Why should you share your onboard credit with someone who isn't entitled to it? And if it helps, it will show up on YOUR account, not on hers. At least that's what happened when I had a similar situation. If you each use your own credit card on your accounts,there is no reason for her to ever even see your account. I wouldn't give it to her!

Tell her outright that you want your space...and that she should invite someone else to share her cabin or pay for the whole thing herself. But then, as I said..I'm nasty like that.

Hmmm...that does look narrower than normal. And I trust that is the only cabin open in that category.

OK' date=' I'm a nasty person. Why should you share your onboard credit with someone who isn't entitled to it? And if it helps, it will show up on YOUR account, not on hers. At least that's what happened when I had a similar situation. If you each use your own credit card on your accounts,there is no reason for her to ever even see your account. I wouldn't give it to her!

Tell her outright that you want your space...and that she should invite someone else to share her cabin or pay for the whole thing herself. But then, as I said..I'm nasty like that.[/quote']

Yes only cabin left in category but as it follows curve I think it'll be closer to normal which is why I am asking.

I think like you but alas this room is in her OBB in her name. Not a big deal, just pointing out my savings are next to nil by rooming with her. And I will enjoy a balcony if it is normal size.

She will give me space. Just another observation that this room really only has as much storage as my inside room which was a sideways with the trunk. I will tell her it won't hurt to do laundry;)

I am probably mostly mad that I told her about this cruise and she goes "Oh I've always wanted to do that one. I'm going with you" but I have to do all the planning!!!

I am probably mostly mad that I told her about this cruise and she goes "Oh I've always wanted to do that one. I'm going with you" but I have to do all the planning!!!

I took an adult friend with me once....and then there was the high school graduation cruise. Frankly, as to adult friend, I don't want to play mommy to anyone except my daughter. And she doesn't need it! I'm with you--I had to do all the planning, supervise her every minute, etc. It wasn't that she needed supervision (she was a competent adult), she just wanted to be with me. I like to have my space and time. I'm with you--when my daughter was tied up in school, I cruised solo in an inside cabin. I'd do that again in a heartbeat. But I'm not the kind of person who needs others around. The only down side to going solo is the single supplement.

Good luck with whatever you decide.