Uniworld - Danube Discovery & Prague Sep 7 Sailing: Live updates to come

ewizabeff

Liz, thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us. I am really enjoying your blog and especially the photos! I know these reports take a fair bit of time to put together so thanks for taking the time to put this together! Looks like you had a great trip!

Jerry

Any quick comments on Prague or Boscolo would be appreciated. We (2 sixtyish couples) are starting this week at Boscolo/Prague as part of our Nuremburg to Basel cruise on the River Ambassador. Thanks for your fine postings here and your blog.

The Boscolo is a very nice hotel. If you have a swimsuit, be sure to bring it with you - their pool/spa is amazing, and admission to the pool/sauna/steam room is included with your stay. The included breakfast is wonderful, but I'd go to Old Town or New Town for your other meals—the restaurants in the hotel are incredibly over-priced. There are many fine restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. The Staropramen brew pub on the way to Old Town has so many choices you could eat every meal there and not get bored.

We took the Jewish History tour in Prague, and it was good, but we felt a bit rushed in some of the museums. We stayed quite a few days on our own and ended up taking a tour with The Naked Tour Guide in Prague, and it was absolutely fantastic. If you have free time and they happen to offer a tour during that time, I'd highly recommend them (you'd have to book before you leave though).

Prague is all cobblestones, so be sure to bring some sturdy walking shoes. If you'd like to see a lot of the city without walking miles and miles, the Boscolo is 2 blocks from a major tram stop (just turn left when you exit the hotel) and a metro station (in the center of the park to the left of the hotel).

I'm sure you'll have a blast! I could have spent 3 weeks in Prague and not run out of things to see.

Liz, thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us. I am really enjoying your blog and especially the photos! I know these reports take a fair bit of time to put together so thanks for taking the time to put this together! Looks like you had a great trip!

Jerry

Thanks, Jerry. I was hungry for information like this while I was planning, so I'm hoping to pay it forward for others interested in river cruising or this itinerary. Once I finish the Prague posts, I've got a list of other general posts to do. Should keep me busy for a month or so :)