Different VIFP level than husband

Lance'sBride

Hello, on our next cruise I will be gold and my husband will still be red. Am I allowed to bring him to the VIFP party with me, or are they strict about having to be gold or above? I understand having to earn it but I don't want to go without him so I just wanted to check. I figured we can't be the only ones that have encountered this. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lance'sBride

Hello' date=' on our next cruise I will be gold and my husband will still be red. Am I allowed to bring him to the VIFP party with me, or are they strict about having to be gold or above? I understand having to earn it but I don't want to go without him so I just wanted to check. I figured we can't be the only ones that have encountered this. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote']

There was a thread on this a few days ago with differing opinions. My experience has been (I am gold, DH red) he has always gone with me and no staff has ever said he couldn't be there.

Here is what is says on Carnival's website:

Q: If a guest is sharing a cabin with another guest in a different level (e.g. a Platinum and a Gold), how will benefits apply to the stateroom?

A: Benefits are meant to recognize individual members and are therefore not transferable to travel companions.

Q:Can a guest bring another guest to membership functions on board?

A: Generally, benefits requiring an invitation are designated per member. Certain events invite eligible guests to bring one additional person as space permits. Details are provided on invitations for each of the functions.

Here is the link: http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/faqs.aspx#q-1197328