Tipping at Nachi Cocom

ryansmith18

It all depends on what you have your server do.

Some people set up poolside or in one of the palapas right by the restaurant.

While others choose palapas on the far side of the beach and away from the restaurant and bar area.

Now if I order my food and continual string of drinks, poolside, my server only has to walk 20-30 feet with my orders.

When we sat at the far end of the beach one time, he still brought all our food and drinks, but every trip was a couple hundred yards, through very soft sand. (so basically like walking uphill, both ways)

Now we generally get a fresh drink every 45-60 minutes.

Whereas I've seen people around us get a fresh drink every 20-30 minutes and some only order like 3 drinks all day.

We usually might get our appetizers at our lounger poolside or palapa, but most trips to Nachi we eat our full meal in the restaurant.

Some people have their entire food order broken down into 10 different trips for various apps and entrees, all brought to wherever they pick on the property.

So basically, depending on how much and how difficult you make it on your server, you should know what your tip should be.

In our 6 trips there, we have NEVER had bad service, where I have tipped my server less than $20-30 and $5-10 for the poolside bartenders that take excellent care of my Wife every time.

If its the two of you and you tip 15-20% when you go to Olive Garden, Chili's, whatever local eatery at home, budget at least $50, like you would budget the $17 cab ride each way.

Then tip what you feel appropriate, at the end of your day at Nachi.

Hope you enjoy Nachi as much as we have six times now.

Bill

Edited by bguppies