guarantee cabin

Does it matter what travel agent that you book with as to what cabin you actually get. I was wondering as I spoke to a travel agent who states that they really know the rep and that they almost always receive for their clients an upgrade. Does anyone know anything about this? We are doing the PG Sept 18th our first Radisson.

Hi California - I have a local travel agent (in Woodland Hills) and I have one via the net too. I used a different one for our 1st Trip on the Mariner than the second. I think that it was the agents who knew the line and the ship that got us the best room on the Mariner. They knew where to put us by experience and having happy clients who'd sailed before. Rooms via "Run of the House" are decided by the cruise line. I might gues that a TA who has input and who knows the reps and clients might be able to put a request in. We took the last H cabin to Alaska nad ended up in a C cabin - they overbooked

Kathy

6/2/04-Navigator Bermuda

9/22/04-Navigator NYC/Canada

5/03-Mariner - Panama Canal

6/01-Mariner-Alaska Inaugural

5/02-Millennium - Carribbean

12/97-RCCL Splendor of The Seas - Carribbean

1998/1993/1991 RCCL Viking Serenade

RSSC has changed the process somewhat. Now, when you book a guarantee they assign you a stateroom as soon as they have a cancellation in that category. For example, we have booked a guarantee F aboard Voyager for next year from Singapore-Rome. In addition, we asked for a standby for a G category. If a G opens up and it's offered, we can take it or leave it(if we do or do not like the location). However, if an F opens up we'll be assigned that stateroom and that's it! Therefore, the guarantee is no longer such a great idea.

Archived