Princess tour in Rio?

sprinkles

Hi All,

Having trouble finding any reviews, if I post on Princess forum I know it will get moved here.

So although not up yet, trying to decide between Princess' full day tour in Rio to Christ the Redeemer, Sugarloaf, BBQ lunch, etc at around $220 or if I want to try and hire a private guide for the day. Has anyone ever done the Princess excursion? If so, any thoughts. I don't usually like to be hearded around, but being that we will be there at the end of Carnival, thinking ship tour might be best.

Thanks,

Tammy

$220 US for a group bus tour of Rio? Outrageous.

First of all, hope for a clear day.

Just take a taxi to Cosme Velho for the Christ statue.

Have lunch at Porcao in Ipanema.

Taxi to Sugarloaf.

If time, go walk around in the downtown area to see some of the historic buildings.

If you want to hire a private guide with a car, none better than Rafa.

http://donrafaguestsinrio.blogspot.com

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g303506-d1807084-Reviews-Rafael_Torres_Lopes_Tour_Guide-Rio_de_Janeiro_State_of_Rio_de_Janeiro.html

$220 US for a group bus tour of Rio? Outrageous.

First of all, hope for a clear day.

Just take a taxi to Cosme Velho for the Christ statue.

Have lunch at Porcao in Ipanema.

Taxi to Sugarloaf.

If time, go walk around in the downtown area to see some of the historic buildings.

If you want to hire a private guide with a car, none better than Rafa.

http://donrafaguestsinrio.blogspot.com

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g303506-d1807084-Reviews-Rafael_Torres_Lopes_Tour_Guide-Rio_de_Janeiro_State_of_Rio_de_Janeiro.html

Yes, we have a private tour booked with Rafa for our upcoming trip. A private car, which can take 4 is $400 USD. We booked through AnyRoad.

We were in Rio for five days pre cruise two years ago and we did a private tour for two days and it was amazing. Just for four of us and we were able to bypass all the crowds from the ship tours.

We were back there this year for an overnight while sailing on the Crown Princess 49 day trip.

It was during Carnival and it was crazy. Our friends used the same tour guide we did two years prior and visited all the major sites very easily and were able to cover a lot more ground because they were in a car and not a huge bus.

We travelled around on our own the second visit there.

We also did a trip to the Sambadromo for Carnival too with a private guide too and that was amazing.

Other friends who did ship's tours raved about them too but they did comment that because of the crowds and traffic the tour was a lot longer than what was planned.

Enjoy it is an amazing city!

You can read a lot about Rio in my blog

Thanks Vickie,

I have read your blog, a few times. Two spots just opened up with the roll-call 2 day private tour that I am trying to get on, so I 'll keep my fingers crossed for that - otherwise just booking the Princess tour.

Tammy

Thanks Vickie,

I have read your blog, a few times. Two spots just opened up with the roll-call 2 day private tour that I am trying to get on, so I 'll keep my fingers crossed for that - otherwise just booking the Princess tour.

Tammy

excellent - I found the planned roll call tours to be a lot of fun

Let me know if you have any questions