Cabin below a swimming pool?

silverwillow

I have a cabin on hold and I need to decide pretty quickly whether I want to book it there are only two in this particular category left. My concern is that it is under the edge of one of the Lido pools R336 or R335. Riviera Deck on the Emerald Princess:

http://www.princess.com/find/cruiseDetails.do

Do you think there will be much noise in these cabins?

Personally I wouldn't have it.We were below lido on Star and found the noise above of scraping chairs and staff cleaning the pool area at different hours, too much.Some people don't mind that and like the location.

Balconies would have issues with deck chairs, not so much insides...

I had an inside cabin on Caribbean Princess below the Calypso Pool and the only noise that I ever heard was some stomping about during a pool party (methinks it was a conga line). And that was it... no noise to speak of at all. You won't get much noise of deck chairs being moved, because you are literally almost underneath a pool. No deck chairs there... :)

Edited by RickEk

If you think about it, in an inside cabin you're not below the pool, but next to it. The water is right next to your cabin wall. The only times we've had an issue is when the ocean was rough or we got that most unlucky of unlucky cabin locations, next to the area with the pool equipment. The waves splashing in the pool kept us up on a transatlantic cruise, and despite the water level being lowered significantly we heard it (even more, because the sloshing waves echoed in the pool). Pool equipment is a crap shoot...of the four inside cabins under/next to the pool, only one will probably hear the pool equipment. But it generally never shuts off.

The good news is that you most likely won't hear loungers in a inside cabin. There aren't any loungers that close to the pools. You'll be under the pool overflow areas.