It pays to call for LIDO cabin!

CHAPULA

DH and I are booked on Liberty Southern Caribbean for Sept 26th. This is our 9th cruise and have always wanted to try a Lido balcony. We booked 'guarantee' balcony because the LIDO cabins at the time were $400+ more for two ppl. I've been checking Lido prices at least 3x a day for the last 8 weeks (knowing that I can 'upgrade' even after final payment). Unfortunately Lido prices never went down and then we received our balcony 'assignment' (Deck 6). I also noticed that there were no more LIDO balconies showing 'online'. I just assumed they were 'assigned' to other lucky 'guaranteed balcony' cruisers and gave up. Today I was reading another Cruise Critic post where they said 'that it doesn't hurt to call, just in case.' Well I did and to my surprise they had two LIDO balconies available! I jumped at it and only paid $172 total more! So, it does pay to call and not necessarily assume that 'online' availability is always true.

Congrats! Enjoy your cruise, we had a great time on our Liberty Southern cruise. She's a great ship!

Thank you so very much.....been very stressed at work and NEEEEEEED this vaca. Never been on Liberty and am looking very forward to it!

Have a wonderful cruise! We had our first Lido balcony this summer on the Breeze. It was perfect! I also called in and was assigned to that cabin by my PVP when I was pricing other balconies on Deck 8. She said she had the perfect cabin for me and, boy, was she right...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As others have said, you are going to LOVE the Lido balcony.

We have done them for the past two years on the Breeze:D:D

Honestly, you cannot beat the convenience.

Coffee, buffet, drinks, Guys, etc within minutes and back to your balcony to enjoy.

And it is a SUPER quiet location.

It's all we book now..........

Enjoy! You are going to LOVE it.:D

As others have said, you are going to LOVE the Lido balcony.

We have done them for the past two years on the Breeze:D:D

Honestly, you cannot beat the convenience.

Coffee, buffet, drinks, Guys, etc within minutes and back to your balcony to enjoy.

And it is a SUPER quiet location.

It's all we book now..........

Enjoy! You are going to LOVE it.:D

So you enjoy the Guys you get from Lido.:D:p

DH and I are booked on Liberty Southern Caribbean for Sept 26th. This is our 9th cruise and have always wanted to try a Lido balcony. We booked 'guarantee' balcony because the LIDO cabins at the time were $400+ more for two ppl. I've been checking Lido prices at least 3x a day for the last 8 weeks (knowing that I can 'upgrade' even after final payment). Unfortunately Lido prices never went down and then we received our balcony 'assignment' (Deck 6). I also noticed that there were no more LIDO balconies showing 'online'. I just assumed they were 'assigned' to other lucky 'guaranteed balcony' cruisers and gave up. Today I was reading another Cruise Critic post where they said 'that it doesn't hurt to call, just in case.' Well I did and to my surprise they had two LIDO balconies available! I jumped at it and only paid $172 total more! So, it does pay to call and not necessarily assume that 'online' availability is always true.

Enjoy your Lido balcony. I just got off Freedom today and had a Lido balcony. It was convenient but there was noise coming up from the Lobby deck parties in the evenings.

We stay in an inside cabin on Lido and we get one all the way back, towards the pool, and it more than makes up for the lack of balcony. The access to the room from the pool area is priceless. I can be from room to Guys in 20 seconds. 😎

Fist-pumping gleeful rum runner!!!

We stay in an inside cabin on Lido and we get one all the way back, towards the pool, and it more than makes up for the lack of balcony. The access to the room from the pool area is priceless. I can be from room to Guys in 20 seconds. 😎

Hiya! I noticed you're in trussville, my hubby and I live in Hoover. I've been looking for other Alabama cruisers lol. We were on the Conquest at the same time last year, it was our honeymoon cruise :)

Hiya! I noticed you're in trussville, my hubby and I live in Hoover. I've been looking for other Alabama cruisers lol. We were on the Conquest at the same time last year, it was our honeymoon cruise :)

Cool, nice to meet ya!! The Conquest is the only ship I have lost the hairy chest contest on. 😱 congrats on the honeymoon, we've been married 22 years now. We went on a cruise for our honeymoon.