Japanese Bath on Diamond Princess - Have you experienced this?

Duck Duck Cruise

Yes, we have been to the Izumi Japanese Bath onboard and it's wonderful! Very relaxing.

Men's and Women's areas are separated and each side alternates daily so that you can experience the two different sides. Both sides have nice hot jacuzzi pools, a still hot pool, showers to cool off, and a sauna. In one side there is a special shower where you sit and the water falls on your shoulders. On the other side there is a eucalyptus/lemongrass mist wet sauna. The common area is outside, where one wears swimwear and it is a jacuzzi.

The cost is $20 for 1.5 hours. The Izumi Bath is open daily from early morning until 10:00pm and closes for one hour between 12:00 noon - 1:00pm so that one can take a tour of the facility. There is a special pass where you can buy four Baths and you get the fifth one free.

As you may know, in a Japanese Bath, you are in the buff (naked). There is a change room and this is where you collect your towels. First you must shower very well (soap, shampoo is provided or you can bring your own) and then you can enjoy the facility.

There is an information sheet that you'll get so you know the basic etiquette.

I found the best time to go was in the evening at 8:30pm - so that I could relax and then go to bed!

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the outdoor Japanese hot tub open to everyone or is it part of the paid Japanese bath. I know its coed. Wasn't sure if you could access it from below and above. We're doing the 17 day Grand Japan tour next summer. We'll be in A 746 (premium aft balcony )and enjoy the terrace pool but also would like to be able to get to the hot tubs. I notice there's 2 hot tubs above the Japanese bath but didn't know if you have to go back to the elevators to reach them or if you can take the stairs up like on the Emerald Princess.