Ultimate Dining Package Questions

kentalope

We are booked on the Breakaway over New Year. We are traveling with another couple. We have booked using different TAs. I have had our resevations cross referenced. Both couples have purchased the UDP.

1. When can we make reservations for our dining online? In the description of the UDP it says that after you purchase you can reserve dining online but I do not yet see that option (we are still 100+ days out).
  2. With our reservations cross referenced will I be able to reserve dining times for both couples via My NCL on line? We would like to make the reservations for all four of us so we can reserve a table of 4. This would be much easier than each of us booking indpendently and then trying to ensure that we get a table for four.

Any assistance is greatly appriciated.

Ken

We are booked on the Breakaway over New Year. We are traveling with another couple. We have booked using different TAs. I have had our resevations cross referenced. Both couples have purchased the UDP.

1. When can we make reservations for our dining online? In the description of the UDP it says that after you purchase you can reserve dining online but I do not yet see that option (we are still 100+ days out).
  2. With our reservations cross referenced will I be able to reserve dining times for both couples via My NCL on line? We would like to make the reservations for all four of us so we can reserve a table of 4. This would be much easier than each of us booking indpendently and then trying to ensure that we get a table for four.

Any assistance is greatly appriciated.

Ken

1. I believe 100 days for Haven, 90 days non-Haven.

2. Yes.

Hope this helps.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

1. You will get an email from NCL when you are able to book shore excursions and dining reservations. I believe you can do this beginning 90 days out from your cruise.

2. You can make reservations for the restaurants for all in your party. I believe the maitre'd will verify that you all have the UDP prior to your arrival in the restaurant.

I was also told (I called and asked) that with kids, I should just reserve for a party of 2 (since my husband and I have the UDP) and I should switch things to 4 when onboard.

Did they tell you why to do it that way? It seems odd to me. You'll want a table for four no matter how many in your party have UDP. It seems more logical to make the reservation for four to make sure you have the right size table. It doesn't matter that two people in your party have or don't have UDP (they'll check that at the restaurant), there will still be four people...

Lauren, that makes no sense. If booking without UDP where you pay in advance, that prevents you from paying full price for the kids. But as long as the party booking has UDP, there is no charge. They have no way of knowing WHO the people in the party are, let alone their ages. The person booking could make the res for 8, and then take 7 random people he meets on board to dinner. No names other than the person who books are associated with the reservation.

I was also told (I called and asked) that with kids, I should just reserve for a party of 2 (since my husband and I have the UDP) and I should switch things to 4 when onboard.
I would change the reservation to 4. What happens when you get on the ship and the restaurant, since it only had a few seats, is sold out.? I was told that you make the reservations for the number in your people in your party and they will sort out any costs (those that don't have the UDP) when your dinner is completed. Edited by NLH Arizona

With the UDP, I think it is easier to phone and make the reservations rather than make them on the computer. When you complete your bookings, you get a confirmation e-mail. That way, if you have two couples or children, there are no problems. On-line, every night has to be done separately. One call and you're done.

We often cruise with my elderly parents, so get a 2 bedroom suite or something similar. Does everyone in the suite have to buy the UDP? More often than not my parents don't feel like eating a big meal in the evening and therefore they wouldn't be interested in the UDP.

We often cruise with my elderly parents, so get a 2 bedroom suite or something similar. Does everyone in the suite have to buy the UDP? More often than not my parents don't feel like eating a big meal in the evening and therefore they wouldn't be interested in the UDP.

No, it's not like the UBP. It's an individual purchase. :D Anyway, that's my understanding and I haven't read anything that contradicts that.

Edited by Quilting_Cruiser