Dinner reservations Now or later

dick731

I was given the Signature Trio Dining for the Getaway this Nov. I know that I can make them online but must pay upfront. This would be no problem as long as there's no hassle to get the credits once onboard. Any first hand info would be appreciated. Thanks

I would normally say wait until on board. I've never had any trouble with that on any of the smaller ships. However, on our recent Getaway cruise, I was amazed to find that the specialty restaurants were very booked by the time we boarded. We were able to eat in them, but did not have much choice with the eating times. For the Getaway, I recommend booking pre cruise.

If you go to a specific restaurant on the NCL site it will give you the opportunity to choose a date and time to reserve along with the number of

people in your party. I wanted to 'test' the procedure; so I chose the Bistro and a date & it came up with lots of times available. Should I assume then that there wouldn't be a problem waiting until we're onboard.

I really love the Freestyle concept & booking dining times so far in advance seems to defeat the purpose of that for me.

If we have access to the concierge would that make a difference?

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

We were on the Getaway a couple weeks ago and had the UDP. I booked the first 4 nights online and the next 3 on the ship. The only one I had any trouble with was the Le Bistro for the last night. Except for Le Bistro we ate at 7-7:30 every night.

I think restaurants are more open at the beginning of the cruise and then start to fill up at the end - although your cruise could be completely different.