Choosing the Breeze because it's the Breeze

cruizinisthebest

I am booked on the Breeze purely for the ship alone.

We could not afford (not just the $$ also the time away) the 8 day so opted for the 6 day. We sailed Sunshine last winter and have been worried nothing will be the same after that. We want to try all the bells and whistles now.

We are booked in the cheapest cabin (PH) to make this happen. We sail the Freedom soon so I will see how she feels after the Sunshine. Happy it has Guys as I dont think I could sail with out it now. I am worried my son will be disappointed with no sports square or waterworks. He really looks forward to that.

You are asking for opinions, so here is mine. Falmouth is a created stop that is not yet complete. There is very little at the port itself and the excursions require a sometimes lengthy trip on a bus or van. I would take the Conquest for the two extra days and better itinerary. I have been on Glory and had a great time. I will admit to not being a fan of the larger and larger ships. Breeze would be at the limit for me. Not too big, but close.

I hope you have a great time. I truly believe there are no bad cruises.

Is the Breeze worth taking over a longer trip with a better itinerary just to experience it?

I cannot afford an 8-day on her. Already worked the #s every witch way. So the only other option is a 6 day to Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. Never been to Falmouth but we have been to Montego Bay and Ochos Rios. Been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel before. Really enjoyed Cozumel.

However, there are sailings out there on both the Conquest and Glory that include St. Maarten, St. Kitts, HMC, Grand Turk - none of which I've been to. I've never been on the Conquest or the Glory but have been on the Freedom and loved it. Conquest would be 8 days. Glory 7 days. This is for next Summer. Which one would you choose and why? Breeze no matter what?

TIA!

If it were MY decision, I would choose Conquest because it's 8 days and I've never been to St. Kitts or HMC. But because I've already experienced Breeze, it's an easy decision.

Now, if I were in your shoes (pretending i've never been on Breeze)......I'd probably be :( that my cruise is short, but I would choose Breeze just because it IS the Breeze. That was my goal the last time we booked, to experience Breeze because she sounded and looked like a FABULOUS ship.....and she was :D.

I just don't get all this love for the Breeze. To me the Freedom and Conquest were much more enjoyable ships to sail on than the Breeze; then again, I just LOVE the Freedom and my recent Conquest cruise was the best I've ever been on.

Society just seems to have this "newer means better" philosophy about everything when in reality that is not always the case.

I mean, the Breeze was "ok" but what about it would make you want to go on a boring itinerary just to say that you've sailed on it?

My advice is, if you like all the "Bells and whistles" and a crowded ship, go with the Breeze. If you like a smaller, less congested trip, go with a ship with a better itinerary.

Give me a great itinerary over a newer ship ANYDAY; especially an itinerary with ports that are new to me. However, to each his/her own.

I just don't get all this love for the Breeze. To me the Freedom and Conquest were much more enjoyable ships to sail on than the Breeze; then again, I just LOVE the Freedom and my recent Conquest cruise was the best I've ever been on.

Society just seems to have this "newer means better" philosophy about everything when in reality that is not always the case.

I mean, the Breeze was "ok" but what about it would make you want to go on a boring itinerary just to say that you've sailed on it?

My advice is, if you like all the "Bells and whistles" and a crowded ship, go with the Breeze. If you like a smaller, less congested trip, go with a ship with a better itinerary.

Give me a great itinerary over a newer ship ANYDAY; especially an itinerary with ports that are new to me. However, to each his/her own.

OK first of all, I asked a question because I’ve never been on either ship and wanted opinions.

Overall, cruising for me isn’t 100% about anything OTHER than spending time away from the rhythm and routine of life and enjoying the time spent eating, drinking, laughing, and seeing places with family and friends. I’ve never been hype over the ship itself having sailed 4 fantasy class and just one Conquest class. But as you learn, you grow. And at this point I find myself trying to incorporate new experiences overall. Doesn’t necessarily mean it has to be on the newest and the biggest ship. If that were the case I could book a trip on the Norwegian Breakaway which ports an hour from my home.

I never suggested the ports the Breeze offers were boring. I’m sure I would enjoy them. But there are other ports on other ships I anticipate enjoying more. I labor over the decision because it’s a once per year thing for us. So what we choose means a lot. But it’s never been about what’s newest and biggest. The Breeze gets great reviews and is the closest Dream class ship for me, so I thought it was worth a discussion to see what thoughts people have. I asked for input last year when deciding between the Sunshine and the Freedom. The insight is helpful and I have no problem considering advice from anyone – so long as it’s sound advice.

Wow! I just stated my opinion about the Breeze and why I thought a lot of people were so in love with it. No comments were directly aimed at any one person. I just gave my opinion just like everyone else on the thread. Sorry if you took it as a person attack. I'm not that kind of person...especially not on a message board.

Sorry if you only wanted opinions from those who love the Breeze. I'll just leave "your" thread now. :)

Wow! I just stated my opinion about the Breeze and why I thought a lot of people were so in love with it. No comments were directly aimed at any one person. I just gave my opinion just like everyone else on the thread. Sorry if you took it as a person attack. I'm not that kind of person...especially not on a message board.

Sorry if you only wanted opinions from those who love the Breeze. I'll just leave "your" thread now. :)

Don't go!!! I wasn't offended by what you said. I was just trying to clarify the point of thread since you asked why would I want to go on a ship offering a boring itinerary. I appreciate what you and everyone else has to offer. And I never want a thread I start, which is rare, to turn negative. Sometimes things get lost in the translation. At this point I'm actually leaning more towards the Glory or Conquest. But I'm traveling with others who are vying for the Breeze mostly because of waterworks, which is of minimal interest to me personally. ;)

You "don't get all this love for Breeze", but i see that you've sailed on it. The OP has not, so that's why they're asking for the boards opinion. May I ask what made you book the Breeze in the first place? I booked because I loved the fact that it was Breeze AND it had a great itinerary....taking me to ports that I've never visited.

You "don't get all this love for Breeze", but i see that you've sailed on it. The OP has not, so that's why they're asking for the boards opinion. May I ask what made you book the Breeze in the first place? I booked because I loved the fact that it was Breeze AND it had a great itinerary....taking me to ports that I've never visited.

I always cruise for ports, not the ship. Even though I love the Freedom, we booked it a 2nd time because we had a couple who were new to cruising with us so we wanted them to experience the same ports we had the year before.

That said, I never said that I didn't like the Breeze, it's just not my favorite ship. It's okay to say that right (sometimes I wonder)? There are LOTS of things to do on the ship but many of those things are things that we personally are not interested in so we were not all "ga ga" over the ship. However, we enjoyed the Sea Day bbq and Guys and the Blue Iguana but we didn't like the large crowds and all the kids running around unsupervised. Again, that is a personal preference and the OP asked for opinions so I gave mine. This is America right? People still have the right to disagree with the majority right? Maybe I should have left out the part about society being in love with newer, but I think that is why a lot of people are so in love with the Breeze.

OP, any day on a cruise is a great day so whatever choice you make will be the right choice. All of Carnival's ships are beautiful (again, my opinion) so you can't go wrong. :) You see, I did not leave "your" thread. Thanks for listening to ALL opinions. :)

I always cruise for ports, not the ship. Even though I love the Freedom, we booked it a 2nd time because we had a couple who were new to cruising with us so we wanted them to experience the same ports we had the year before.

That said, I never said that I didn't like the Breeze, it's just not my favorite ship. It's okay to say that right (sometimes I wonder)? There are LOTS of things to do on the ship but many of those things are things that we personally are not interested in so we were not all "ga ga" over the ship. However, we enjoyed the Sea Day bbq and Guys and the Blue Iguana but we didn't like the large crowds and all the kids running around unsupervised. Again, that is a personal preference and the OP asked for opinions so I gave mine. This is America right? People still have the right to disagree with the majority right? Maybe I should have left out the part about society being in love with newer, but I think that is why a lot of people are so in love with the Breeze.

OP, any day on a cruise is a great day so whatever choice you make will be the right choice. All of Carnival's ships are beautiful (again, my opinion) so you can't go wrong. :) You see, I did not leave "your" thread. Thanks for listening to ALL opinions. :)

I honestly think Freedom is my favorite ship, thus far. But, the only reason why I asked why you booked Breeze was just out of curiosity. You and I have both sailed it so it's easier for us to choose a different ship (-vs- Breeze) from the ones OP is debating about. No need to get defensive...I appreciate when someone doesn't follow the rest of the crowd and gives an honest opinion.

You're probably right about a lot of people wanting to cruise Breeze just because it's new, but all of the great reviews give it a big boost as well.

Side note - I'm glad that you didn't leave this thread too :).

OP - Be sure to come back and tell us which ship you chose. Good luck!

Edited by TheShayQueen

I have to say, I have never looked at the name of the ship when I've booked a cruise. A ship is a ship. They are all so similar as to be practically identical from the standpoint of the vacation experience.

Before our last cruise, a B2B on the Glory and Breeze in June/July, I had to develop a mnemonic to help me remember the name of each ship in the months before the cruise.

I honestly think Freedom is my favorite ship, thus far. But, the only reason why I asked why you booked Breeze was just out of curiosity. You and I have both sailed it so it's easier for us to choose a different ship (-vs- Breeze) from the ones OP is debating about. No need to get defensive...I appreciate when someone doesn't follow the rest of the crowd and gives an honest opinion.

You're probably right about a lot of people wanting to cruise Breeze just because it's new, but all of the great reviews give it a big boost as well.

Side note - I'm glad that you didn't leave this thread too :).

OP - Be sure to come back and tell us which ship you chose. Good luck!

Sorry for being so defensive. I guess I am so use to people on this board flaming posters that disagree with them that I thought that you and the OP were giving me a hard time.

Also, I will admit that both me and DW were both a little under the weather while on our Breeze cruise so that definitely took away from the enjoyment of the ship. We would sail her again if we see an itinerary that we like.

Happy sailing to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say, I have never looked at the name of the ship when I've booked a cruise. A ship is a ship. They are all so similar as to be practically identical from the standpoint of the vacation experience.

Before our last cruise, a B2B on the Glory and Breeze in June/July, I had to develop a mnemonic to help me remember the name of each ship in the months before the cruise.

Itinerary catches me first, then the port it leaves from and then the ship. I must admit that i'd probably go for the bigger and/or newer ship if they happen to have the same itinerary. The Breeze had a nice itinerary, I love leaving from Miami and it was the newest ship so it was a win, win, WIN for me.

Sorry for being so defensive. I guess I am so use to people on this board flaming posters that disagree with them that I thought that you and the OP were giving me a hard time.

Also, I will admit that both me and DW were both a little under the weather while on our Breeze cruise so that definitely took away from the enjoyment of the ship. We would sail her again if we see an itinerary that we like.

Happy sailing to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apology accepted!!! And believe me, I know how this board can be.

Oh no! I'm sorry that you were under the weather during that time. That can dampen any cruise. Here's to good health on our future cruises......possibly Carnival Vista :D!!!

I have did the 6 and 8 day on the Breeze and love them both ........but since I have done the 8 day I don't want to do nothing but 8 days.....and I would sail on the Breeze again if it had a different internary

I have been bitten with the 8 day bug too. Anything less than 8 seems too short.

I have been bitten with the 8 day bug too. Anything less than 8 seems too short.

We did 8 days on the Freedom last month and it really was nice. I wasn't sure we would like it but we did.

So after much discussion, we decided on the Glory. 8 days was a stretch for my sister's schedule (Conquest) and 6 days wasn't enough. In the end it's the ports and the 7 days that won.

Would love to go on the Breeze and I believe all the good things said about it. But a few folks on here gave some really sage advice about going when the price for the itinerary we want works. The 6 Breeze day was the cheapest option between the 3, but while price is key - it's not the only key. We decided to spend a little more for an extra day and two new ports. Plus my DS who will be 12 by then knows the layout of the decks having been on the Freedom. Therefore we won't have to worry about him getting lost finding Guys Burgers!:D

Still a ways off so of course things can change. But as it stands, Glory here we come! Thanks for all the advice folks. Very much appreciated!!

To us the answer is yes (especially if you have not sailed her). She (potentially add the Sunshine to the list) is the best the cruise ship they have. We totally enjoyed the ship and have two additional sailings scheduled on her.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Wouldn't add the Sunshine to the list. She is not in the same league as the Breeze. I just got off the Sunshine and would be reluctant to book another cruise on it. Way too many people packed into a ship that size.

We did 8 days on the Freedom last month and it really was nice. I wasn't sure we would like it but we did.

So after much discussion, we decided on the Glory. 8 days was a stretch for my sister's schedule (Conquest) and 6 days wasn't enough. In the end it's the ports and the 7 days that won.

Would love to go on the Breeze and I believe all the good things said about it. But a few folks on here gave some really sage advice about going when the price for the itinerary we want works. The 6 Breeze day was the cheapest option between the 3, but while price is key - it's not the only key. We decided to spend a little more for an extra day and two new ports. Plus my DS who will be 12 by then knows the layout of the decks having been on the Freedom. Therefore we won't have to worry about him getting lost finding Guys Burgers!:D

Still a ways off so of course things can change. But as it stands, Glory here we come! Thanks for all the advice folks. Very much appreciated!!

I haven't experienced Glory yet...just a few sister ships, but maybe in the future. Great itinerary!! You made a good choice and will appreciate that extra day :D.

Happy Sailing!!!!

You "don't get all this love for Breeze", but i see that you've sailed on it. ... I booked because I loved the fact that it was Breeze AND it had a great itinerary....taking me to ports that I've never visited.

Glad you didn't select the Breeze. It's a nice ship, but I don't like the class.

I've been on the Breeze twice and the Magic once and I don't get 'all this love for the Breeze', either.

The Breeze holds 700 more passengers than the Conquest and 936 more than Triumph class and has the same number of elevators and pools.

People who say they didn't feel crowded must've not of used the elevators, the serenity deck or the pools....just sayin.

From the Triumph class forward the public areas are pretty much the same, just decorated differently. So I could see why VA asked why you'd pick a cruise based on 'ship' versus 'itinerary'.

To the OP, my favorite ship is the Spirit class in particular the Miracle. It had a fairy tale type theme that was amusing. That's the only ship in the fleet that I'd choose to sail based on ship. Conversly, I will avoid the Dream Class ships when possible, they're just too crowded.

About the Waterworks, I had a good time up there but the best time we had was playing water volleyball in the lido pool but I think that was on an NCL cruise.

Edited by justlaff69

• 1 month later...
I'm the second person to agree with this person....so that makes 3 of us. I too would book the longer cruise to ports you've never been before.... hence...New ship, New ports for you. More for your money....more vacation.

If you look at my list of cruises below, you'll see we've been on quite a few. We thoroughly enjoyed each ship and each port....but....I LOVE the Breeze and will have a hard time going back to the stadium seating by the center pool (Like Freedom, Valor, Liberty, etc.) So, you ask, why recommend Conquest or Glory....because you'll have a great vacation....and once you go Breeze....you'll have a hard time going back.

We booked that itinerary on the Breeze for next November. Falmouth is the only port we haven't seen as well. Would have lived to do the 8 day with all new ports for us, but the cost was too much. :(

Agree! After a while, they all seem the same! OP, if you're only getting to go once a year, I totally recommend going for a longer trip and more ports. At 6 days and 3 or 4 ports, time on the ship is going to be limited. Me? I'd want more time to enjoy my vacation no matter what. I'd take the longest I could afford, regardless of ship. I never want my vacation to end! All the ships are great to me, but the time away is priceless.

wow you sound like me when i was choosing our next cruise!! This one will be my 16th and hubby's 15th so we have been to most of the ports except Jamaica.

We decided to go on the Breeze 6 day just to experience the Breeze. Would I have loved to go on a longer one damn right, but we want to experience a new ship with different things/decor!! So the Breeze it is!!