Bed placement /explorer of the seas

Gone2Beach

Can someone post the link that had all the bed placements/location for each ship. As in; by balcony or closet etc.

(Explorer 6354 and 6352 to be exact)

We just returned from Oasis and our bed was close to the closet. The only setback/disappointment we encountered)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can someone post the link that had all the bed placements/location for each ship. As in; by balcony or closet etc.

(Explorer 6354 and 6352 to be exact)

We just returned from Oasis and our bed was close to the closet. The only setback/disappointment we encountered)

Thanks!

I believe all the balcony staterooms on Explorer have the beds near the balcony.

So far, only Oasis and Allure have the alternating bed placement on balcony staterooms.

Edited by clarea

Thank you! It was rather tight quarters with the bed near the closet on Oasis. (Didn't ruin trip, but would have defiantly preferred near the balcony)

I suspect you will find the balcony stateroom layout much preferable on Explorer. The closet is in the hallway, and they have these radical storage ideas called drawers in the nightstands!

Thank you! It was rather tight quarters with the bed near the closet on Oasis...

It was our experience that the cabin on Oasis was smaller than other RCI cabins we have had. It surprised us, considering it's their largest ship.

The closet is in the hallway...

Makes choosing an outfit a little more difficult, but yeah. ;) :D

Thank you! It was rather tight quarters with the bed near the closet on Oasis. (Didn't ruin trip, but would have defiantly preferred near the balcony)

Hello Gone2Beach, What was your cabin number, on the Oasis. I'm just wondering if it followed the "every other" rule, or if it was an exception.

Hello Gone2Beach, What was your cabin number, on the Oasis. I'm just wondering if it followed the "every other" rule, or if it was an exception.

We were in 6598.

I could have sworn I read it was near the balcony before we booked. I read and read all about the location etc.

(Room location great, bed placement not so much)

Haha, I know, right! I think the rep was just confused as to why I would even ask about bed placement.

I wish RCI would train their reps by allowing them to cruise on each ship, different categories, etc etc. Some reps have no clue about the ships.

When we on the Explorer is an aft Junior Suite the sofa/sitting area was near the balcony - the bed was closer to the bathroom wall.

Pat

I believe that is the arrangement on all JS staterooms on Voyager/Freedom class.

We were in 6598.

I could have sworn I read it was near the balcony before we booked. I read and read all about the location etc.

(Room location great, bed placement not so much)

Hi Gone2Beach, Not much help to you now, but if you follow the rule (counting by twos from the nearest pair of connecting cabins) 6598 is on the left (if you imagine yourself in the hall, facing the doors) which would predict it having a bed by the closet.

We had that configuration on the Allure. It was a small annoyance in an otherwise wonderful cruise.

Edited by Gayle V