"Live" - Aloha - Rhapsody of the Seas 5 September 2014 - Hawaii Bound

PCWalton1

Great review. This will remind me from when I cruised POA a few years ago around the islands.

Yet another internet question. I will be bringing my laptop with me on each of my cruises. When you signed up did it take in account for the Diamond discount? I am thinking of doing this for my 17-day cruise in Australia.

I need to know about the secret stairs up to the solarium! Where are they? I have Aft JS 8596 on my Australian cruise next month. Our friends will be in the same one as Bill and Marie, 8598. This is our 1st time on RCI so I'm gathering info about this ship.

I love reading this even though it is a different itinerary that my. Thanks for the wonderful review!:D

Walking forward in the starboard passageway it is about four doors up. You can't miss it. It's the only stairwell there. [emoji3]

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

On I5 heading north. Next stop Bellingham for one last pick up before the border

4deea07d6c3635fb5a91e35e803dbfe6.jpg

What bus are you taking? We're in the planning stages for 2016 and even though we live in George (by the Gorge in George), we'll be driving to Bellingham to leave our car. Thanks and have an awesome cruise! :D

Great review. This will remind me from when I cruised POA a few years ago around the islands.

Yet another internet question. I will be bringing my laptop with me on each of my cruises. When you signed up did it take in account for the Diamond discount? I am thinking of doing this for my 17-day cruise in Australia.

Yes we got a $29 discount.

What bus are you taking? We're in the planning stages for 2016 and even though we live in George (by the Gorge in George), we'll be driving to Bellingham to leave our car. Thanks and have an awesome cruise! :D

We used a company called quick shuttle

Walking forward in the starboard passageway it is about four doors up. You can't miss it. It's the only stairwell there. [emoji3]

It's on the left side and is very small. It leads you up to the lobby of the Spa. If the Spa is closed, the stairwell will be closed. We LOVED this shortcut. Great for running to the Cafe to get a roast beef sandwich or salad and an ice tea to take back to the balcony.

Hi Bill

Excellent review! Glad to see that you and Marie are having such a great time!

Today is Karen and Pete's Wedding Anniversary. If you see them could you tell them that Dee and Dennis send them hugs on their special day!

Thanks

Dee

Thanks, Dee, I wandered over here to see how our cruise is going! :) So far, so good, I see Bill is keeping you well updated. Thanks, Bill!

We are having a great time -- dinner at Giovanni's last night was delicious!

I also bought the unlimited internet package, it works well when we are not in a dead zone. (Which may be our cabin!)

We are halfway to Hawaii, WOOHOO! :)

Hi Bill

Excellent review! Glad to see that you and Marie are having such a great time!

Today is Karen and Pete's Wedding Anniversary. If you see them could you tell them that Dee and Dennis send them hugs on their special day!

Thanks

Dee

Deep

I missed this yesterday but I see Karen logged in to get your greeting. [emoji3]

Thanks, Dee, I wandered over here to see how our cruise is going! :) So far, so good, I see Bill is keeping you well updated. Thanks, Bill!

We are having a great time -- dinner at Giovanni's last night was delicious!

I also bought the unlimited internet package, it works well when we are not in a dead zone. (Which may be our cabin!)

We are halfway to Hawaii, WOOHOO! :)

Happy Anniversary! Can't think of a better way to celebrate than a cruise. Enjoy!

I am on your 10/3/15 cruise rollcall(JOTS) and am following this "live thread" loving all the comments and photos.

Thanks so much Bill for taking us along.:)

Edited by teachergal29

Captain just announced we are diverting to the west to render assistance to a sailboat that has been demasted. We are going to stop to give fuel and any other assistance.

Very nice keep us up to date hope all goes well to the sail boat

sent from my galaxy s4 please excuse any error's thanks

An adventure! Hope are all right! Nothing worse than being that far out to sea. When we went across once, the captain said sorry folks the coast guard can't reach us!

Lou

When the captain made the announcement he said it was the Coast Guard who asked us to assist. Heading out to the balcony to read but hope that captain will announce when we arrive.

Of course I should be able to tell since we will stop moving. :o :p