Large Balcony on Getaway??

kickbutt10

I was just assigned a large balcony on deck 9 on the Getaway. Cabin 9130. I am trying to figure out if this balcony is completely open to the decks above or does it has part of the balcony under cover. I am having mixed emotions about this and I may be able to change if it is awful. The TA seems to think it is a great cabin. Any thoughts?:confused:

The balcony is partially covered. If I remember correctly, it was so that on large balcony minisuites below the balcony is 1/3 covered and the large balcony balcony is about half covered.

Also if it was a guarantee assignment, you can't change it if you wanted to, only the cruise line has authority to change the assignment and NCL states on their terms that guarantee assignments are final (of course they can still move you at their discretion if they need the cabin for something else but that rarely happens).

Was this a guarantee assignment?

Originally, yes. I called my TA to see if there were any complimentary upgrades available. I was told they could put us in a mid-ship mini suite and I was tickled. Then NCL backed out. Today, the TA told me they had gotten us an upgrade to a family balcony and I was not thrilled. I really did not want to be on the same floor as the kids zone. (before anyone flames me, I understand this is a guarantee and it is up to fate) My problem with this was I was willing to take my chances with our guarantee. A family balcony was not an upgrade in my eyes so I asked if we could just decline that "upgrade".

I assumed we were either stuck with that cabin (and that would have been ok) or we were back to awaiting our fate with the guarantee. I then got an email saying they had been able to upgrade us to a B6 large balcony. I think I am happy with it but I am concerned we may be on display for the upper decks. I am thinking it is half covered which would be very cool!

Your cabin is a B6 Large Balcony. The covered part is just as big/deep as others balconies on the sides of the ship. Yet you also have an exposed part.

Most are very pleased with this category.

Have you seen these images? Look for mirror image cabin 9730.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1QYTwqysC_zUyLvlEn-xEs4zmK0q6O2I1sqEeP7bP314/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000#slide=id.p

HTH

The balcony is partially covered. If I remember correctly, it was so that on large balcony minisuites below the balcony is 1/3 covered and the large balcony balcony is about half covered.

Also if it was a guarantee assignment, you can't change it if you wanted to, only the cruise line has authority to change the assignment and NCL states on their terms that guarantee assignments are final (of course they can still move you at their discretion if they need the cabin for something else but that rarely happens).

I asked if this was my assignment as a result of my reservation being a guarantee. I was told no, this was an upgrade and I could reject it because of that.