iPad Air

Howasaur

Just got a New Ipad Air want to use it for e-mail connection, will I have issues using the Ships Wi-Fi I realize I have to pay to use the ships Wi-Fi

I always take my iPad on cruises and in the main, have had few issues with emailing. As ship's wifi is expensive, I compose mine offline and then send later.

Ozcruizer

I have used an ipad air with no issues caused by the hardware. The wifi system on board can be slow so I struggled to download my newspaper. You might also need to wander round the ship to find a stronger signal.

And of course it's cheaper, or free, if you use it ashore.

You may have issues. The IT manager on a recent cruise told me Ipads can be tricky and he does the setup.

Let him know how you are going to be using the Wi-Fi and he will give you the info.

There was an IT manager on a HAL ship??? Last cruise I was on the librarian was "it". And useless.

There was an IT manager on a HAL ship??? Last cruise I was on the librarian was "it". And useless.

He may have referred to himself as Internet manager. He worked for the company that provides the internet to the ship. He is separate from the librarian.

Thanks Typoon1 I'm a windows person but our daughter Is a Apple iPad person so she thought iPad to iPad should make things easier to connect with each other. Also I didn't want to take something that's added weight and doesn't work. Only 4 months to go.

You may have issues. The IT manager on a recent cruise told me Ipads can be tricky and he does the setup.

Let him know how you are going to be using the Wi-Fi and he will give you the info.

On my previous cruise I had a MK 1 iPad and need the IT man's help to set up. But no problems last year by when I had graduated to the IPad Air

David