Wedding in Grand Cayman or Montego Bay?

fun28

We got married on the ship in Montego Bay and I'm glad we did because the weather was so rough that we had to skip Grand Cayman due to wave height and wind. It's a tender port and no guarantee you'll actually get on the mainland.

Poor people that were getting married didn't have their wedding. I bet they were crushed. Just one thing to consider.

Edited by firemanbobswife

while my first thought was grand cayman - it's a very valid point that it is not exactly rare to miss grand cayman due to weather, so i'd be inclined to vote for jamaica.

while it's still possible you could miss that port, given that it has a dock it's much more rare and probably would be due to an itinerary-changing weather event like a hurricane, in which you'd likely not make the other ports intended either.

We got married on a cruise ship in the port of Miami. We were allowed to invite 40 non cruising people to the wedding. They were allowed to stay and enjoy all the first day activity's buffet and such.

At 3 PM all had to leave. It was great as we waved goodbye set off to enjoy our honeymoon in private.

But the catch was we were scheduled to do a western Caribbean cruise. But due to weather we did a eastern.

I'm so glad we did not plan to get married at a island.

If you have your heart set on a island please fly and stay there, Do not rick a cruise there on such a important day.

Thanks! I didn't realize that if you missed the port due to weather than you just didn't get married. I thought that you may have a Plan B. So that definitely helps me decide. Also, I did not realize you could get married before you left. All of these suggestions are very helpful. Thank you all so much!

Thanks! I didn't realize that if you missed the port due to weather than you just didn't get married. I thought that you may have a Plan B. So that definitely helps me decide. Also, I did not realize you could get married before you left. All of these suggestions are very helpful. Thank you all so much!

Yeah, you can't have a "Plan B" because you must send all the necessary paperwork in months ahead of time to the country where you're getting married at. It is facilitated through Carnival, but it rests on you to make sure it's done properly.

Plus then they have to get the Officiant on board from there too.

Good luck with your wedding and let us know what you decide! The Marriage Certificate from Jamaica is gorgeous - purples and pinks with hummingbirds :)

Yeah, you can't have a "Plan B" because you must send all the necessary paperwork in months ahead of time to the country where you're getting married at. It is facilitated through Carnival, but it rests on you to make sure it's done properly.

Plus then they have to get the Officiant on board from there too.

Good luck with your wedding and let us know what you decide! The Marriage Certificate from Jamaica is gorgeous - purples and pinks with hummingbirds :)

Ahh, that is cute. Another plus for Jamaica. Thanks!

While those beach weddings seem amazing you must still factor in the uncertainty that the ship may not even dock in that port, meaning no wedding. That would definitely be a big deal if you have tons of people cruising with you expecting a wedding.

There's always the option of embarkation day wedding. We chose this option because we don't want that uncertainty of not being able to dock in the correct port plus this way we would have basically the rest of the cruise to not worry about the wedding details and so we could enjoy the whole cruise time as our honeymoon. There's a lady on here (Nicole) who did embarkation wedding and took pictures dressed in their wedding clothes at the beach at port. It turned out amazing so that's always an option

While those beach weddings seem amazing you must still factor in the uncertainty that the ship may not even dock in that port, meaning no wedding. That would definitely be a big deal if you have tons of people cruising with you expecting a wedding.

There's always the option of embarkation day wedding. We chose this option because we don't want that uncertainty of not being able to dock in the correct port plus this way we would have basically the rest of the cruise to not worry about the wedding details and so we could enjoy the whole cruise time as our honeymoon. There's a lady on here (Nicole) who did embarkation wedding and took pictures dressed in their wedding clothes at the beach at port. It turned out amazing so that's always an option

I like the idea of the additional photos in port on a beach

Lovely touch

Sent from my iPhone using Forums