Anchorage to Bwi

mom23guys

My family is taking a NB cruise to Alaska next summer. I know it's early but I was cheacking for price. I seems that the only way from ANC to BWI was with at least two connections when I checked multi city. Maybe I'm missing something or maybe I just need to be more creative.

Pleas help.

Thanks

First of all congradulations for starting your homework early. I'll see if I can point you in the right direction. Which cruise are you doing and are you northbound or southbound. At this point Airfares for next year can be found at a pretty good price. However flying from Anchorage to BWI is going to be long with at least one or two stops. By the way most likely you will have to buy your own meals...sorry it wasn't my idea. Also note that you flight out of Anchorage will probably leave anywhere from 11:00 PM to 2:40 AM thats just how the flights seemed to be scheduled out of Anchorage unless you want to take an expensive flight. Depending on your dates I'm pretty sure you can get a great deal. I did see a flight BWI to Seattle by way of Atlanta, and Anchorage to BWI by way of Seattle for under $500. I was using late May and early June dates on a open jaw. Also take into consideration if you sail out of Anchorage you will be sailing out of Seward or Whitter. You will need transportation to those places. I'm just pointing out the things you will have to consider but there is plenty of time for you to make up your mind. I hope this helps. Tim

Your North bound from Vancouver to Whitter I think. Anyway I ran a quick check on Airfares BWT to YVR and ANC to BWI. I used the dates June 26 and returning July 9. Airfare including taxes were $671 per person. I check out cruise air and saw a quote of $769. The cruise fare wasn't bad sense it guarantees you transportation to the ship if something should happen. I'm with you...you can wait several months and get a handle on the time frame. I would recommend that if you book your own airfare fly into Vacouver at least one day early. Sure you will have to get a hotel but you won't be stressed. You might think about booking Hotels on Priceline especially if you will need a hotel in Anchorage. You will be arriving in Anchorage at the start of the tourist season and finding a good clean hotel for under $100 can be difficult. Go to "Biddingfortravel" and read carefully. Also rental cars in Anchorage can easily run over $70 dollars a day for a Kia Rio. If you book ahead of time there are some good bargins that can be found. I think this will get you started and enjoy the information you can get from this site. Tim

Thanks Vivian02,

We have Starwood Points so I plan on staying the night before in Vancouver for free with my points. Also plan on the Sheraton in Alaska doing the same thing. I have preferred status so I am guaranteed a room with only 48 hrs notice but I think I'll just reserve them soom. I'll probably wait a little for air.

I stayed at the Sheraton in Anchorage for three nights. They were very busy and during tourist season Mid June to the end of August most hotels up in Anchorage do not horor miles or points. Yes the Sheraton is a very nice place to stay but make sure they accept your points ahead of time. The average night at three star hotel can run in excess of $200. And some don't offer a free breakfast. Tim

Archived