Radiance Class Ships-Deck 2 Question

My parents have booked a Panama Canal Cruise on the Brilliance in Feb. They are currently in Cabin 2008 w/friends in Cabin 2014 & 2012. A few questions:

1. The cabins are all forward and on the Port side. Does anyone know what else is on this deck?

2. How are these large outside cabins? I think they only have a porthole. 3. How close to the water line are you?

4. Does anyone have any pictures of a Category I-Deck 2 cabin on any of the Radiance Class ships?

My parents are trying to decide if they want to switch cabins (their friend made all the arrangements) before the ship fills up. Thanks for your help.

I looked at my RCI book and it looks like there are about 25 cabins on this deck and nothing else is shown. I am wondering if the health center is down there, and perhaps crew cabins toward the back of the ship or storage areas.

I tried to look at web-shots for pics of the ship but could not find any that were this deck or even some that are exterior pics to get an idea of how close it is to the water line.

On our first cruise on the Song of Norway we were on deck 3 and that was very close to the water line, we could hear waves hitting the ship all night.

Maybe someone has a pic of the outside of the ship to share.

Funcruiser

It's a good bet that the medical center and probably some crew quarters are on that deck. Those staterooms seem to have a good sized porthole to look out of. Other than that, they are pretty much the same as an interior stateroom. Radiance class ships have pretty good space in all the cabins - much bigger than the Sovereign class.

I can give you more details after November - we'll be on Deck 3 of Radiance in one of the Large Oceanview's.

We were on the Jewel, which is a Radiance class ship, and we had a cabin on deck 2. There is a short hallway with about 25 cabins. This is the only public area on this deck. When you are in port you walk on and off the ship on this deck. So at certain times of the day it can get quite crowded and warm.

The hallway to the room seems a little smaller than a normal hallway and it only has a single entrance so you can only use one set of stairs to access your cabin. The also stops on this deck glass elevator is at the end of the hallway. If you don't use the elevators there is a lot of walking up and down the stairs to get to the public areas.

The cabins are just like all the other cabins.

The medical facility is on deck 2, but you need to use another set of stairs to access it.

We had cabin 2001 so the hallway ended by our room. My wife did not like walking down this short hallway. After the ship sailed we were able to get a reasonably priced upgrade to a ocean view cabin. An upgrade may not always be available after sailing.

I would not recommed this cabin unless the price is much lower.

Richard

If you go to the RCL site and pretend that you are making a booking on that cruise you can review pictures of all the cabins. The porthole in this one seems to be behind the headboard of the bed, so it would probably be awkward to even look out of it, but it does seem to be large.

Archived