Norwegian Getaway Haven Spa Suite Tour

Spaniel Lover

I had a wonderful time last week in a Haven Spa Suite on the Norwegian Getaway last week! It's an amazing ship, with several innovations that I haven't seen in my cruises with Carnival and Princess. They've definitely come a LONG way since my first NCL cruise on the Norwegian Star six years ago.

Our cabin, 14136, which is a Haven Spa Suite, had some very interesting features and we totally enjoyed it. It was fantastic to have access to all the amenities of the Haven AND the Spa.

Here's a little video tour of the cabin:

[YOUTUBE]WOjvMcJTBvI[/YOUTUBE]

I'll be working on several other videos... and a full review incorporating all my pictures and videos... but that's a few weeks away, since it will require a lot of work to put it all together.

Yes, we definitely enjoyed the Jacuzzi in the room. We used it three times during the week. It was especially great to have on the last night of the cruise because we did not want to get our swimsuits wet on the last night, since we had to pack up and you don't want a wet swimsuit in your luggage. So, by using the Jacuzzi in the room, we didn't need to wear swim suits.

During the rest of the week, we found that we really liked using the big indoor thermal pool within the Spa a little more than the in-room Jacuzzi... just because it was so large. Prior to the cruise, I had seen pictures of the indoor pool (thermal suite)... but the pictures didn't really do it justice because what you can't see in the pictures is how warm it is. I expected that only the Jacuzzi in the Spa would be warm, and that the big pool would be cool like a normal outdoor swimming pool is. Wrong! The water in the big indoor pool was the same temperature as the water in the Jacuzzi. That was really our favorite place in the ship.

But the in-room Jacuzzi was definitely enjoyable... especially because there are things you can do in your own private Jacuzzi that you wouldn't do in a public Jacuzzi. Or at least, I wouldn't! ha ha ha

During the rest of the week, we found that we really liked using the big indoor thermal pool within the Spa a little more than the in-room Jacuzzi... just because it was so large. Prior to the cruise, I had seen pictures of the indoor pool (thermal suite)... but the pictures didn't really do it justice because what you can't see in the pictures is how warm it is. I expected that only the Jacuzzi in the Spa would be warm, and that the big pool would be cool like a normal outdoor swimming pool is. Wrong! The water in the big indoor pool was the same temperature as the water in the Jacuzzi. That was really our favorite place in the ship.

I know I can't afford a Haven spa suite but can upgrade from my regular balcony to a spa balcony. I just wanna make sure that the thermal spa and benefits r worth it? I've been reading info on it and it's been 50/50 for good and bad. Was it crowded and what r the times for it? Can u give any info of the area. Thanks in advance for ur help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know I can't afford a Haven spa suite but can upgrade from my regular balcony to a spa balcony. I just wanna make sure that the thermal spa and benefits r worth it? I've been reading info on it and it's been 50/50 for good and bad. Was it crowded and what r the times for it? Can u give any info of the area.

I know the spa closed at 10 PM, and if I remember correctly it opened at 8 AM. The only exception I recall was on the very last night of the cruise... the spa closed at 8 PM. Not a problem... because, as I said earlier, we used our in-room Jacuzzi that night.

The Haven Spa Suite was expensive... and quite frankly, I'm not sure I'd do it again. We really liked having access to the Spa and would definitely want that again... The Haven is a different story. Liked it, for sure, but was it really worth all that extra money? I'm not so sure it was. So, what I'm saying is... think about a Spa balcony cabin, without access to The Haven.

We totally loved the Thermal Suite in the spa... and used it every day. It was never crowded... and there was one night when we totally had it to ourselves. It was on a port day, at 8 PM. I think everyone was tired from having been out on excursions all day... the thermal suite was totally empty that night. We loved having it to ourselves!

The most crowded we ever saw it was on the first sea day... everybody wanted to try it out that day. Even that day, though, I would not call it "too crowded".

There is one little gripe I have with the behavior of the guests in the thermal suite on that first sea day...

There were a lot of chair hogs! What people would do was that they would come in to the thermal suite with a bathrobe or a towel and they would need a place to stash it while they went in to the pool or the Jacuzzi or one of the steam rooms... so they would put it on one of those heated tile loungers... in effect "reserving" the heated tile lounger for themselves when they finished in the pool or Jacuzzi or steam room. Well, folks, there are a very limited number of those heated tile loungers... not enough for one to sit reserved for you while you are off doing something else. If you need a place to stash your robe or towels... there are hooks for that purpose on the wall... or you can set it on one of the little benches. Don't set it on the heated tile loungers. Someone else would like to use those. We'll all take a turn... maybe 10 or 15 minutes each... and if we do that, there are enough for everyone. But if you reserve one by putting your stuff on them... there are not enough to go around on a busy sea day. On a quiet evening on a port day... sure, no problem... but not on a sea day when there are a lot of people who all want to enjoy the thermal suite. </rant>

Thank u Spaniel Lover. I think I'll upgrade. And rant away! If everyone would be courteous then we would never have this problem and that includes the chairs by the pools too. I've been voraciously reading about the Getaway and I don't know if it's just me but most "nice" places seems to have (up) charges. Waiting on ur review.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am blown away by how well you did this. Filming was great, script bang on, and you have a great voice for narration. I agree, you should be doing this professionally. Can't wait for the next instalment. And you have sold me on the spa suite. Always love the NCL spas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's so funny ... I enjoyed your review especially as I recently got back from Getaway in a Spa Suite. As I was watching the end of the video, I recognized the people in your photos in the Haven restaurant. As it turns out, we were the two guys in the cabin next to you (!). I saw your picture and can safely say I didn't recognize you in the least! Kind of funny and kind of sad.

Loved your review but will respectfully and heartily disagree with the Haven access .... for me, spa access was a nice freebie bonus but it all came down to access to The Haven pool, decks, lounge and private restaurant.

We can both agree that it's a great product!

ps - the chair hogs on the heated recliners were UNBELIEVABLE! That is 100% the fault of the spa staff for not IMMEDIATELY removing someone's belongings when they get up from a chair. Darn .... forgot to mention that on my online survey!

Edited by Dr. Cocktail

Love the video. My wife and I are in 14134 on October 25th. I'm curious to know....since our cabins are in the forward part of the ship......did you have any issues with feeling the ship rocking and or rolling.

Also can you or Dr Cocktail elaborate on the haven restaurant experience.

Love the video. My wife and I are in 14134 on October 25th. I'm curious to know....since our cabins are in the forward part of the ship......did you have any issues with feeling the ship rocking and or rolling.

Also can you or Dr Cocktail elaborate on the haven restaurant experience.

The ship is rock-solid stable. Of course, all depends on the ocean on your particular sailing.

The Haven restaurant seats under 100 people and is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu for each meal never changes but there is a very good selection. There is a small but very nice buffet for cold items and pastries set up at breakfast as well as the full menu. There is usually a nightly special. There is a complimentary but reservations recommended "lobster night" that we didn't go to but the general consensus was that it was pretty bad. The salad selection is a bit paltry but I asked in the name of some saladaterians that I know if it was possible to go "off menu". I was told "no problem" and that they could whip up a salad with any of the produce they had in the pantry.

The waiters got to know all of us by name by day three and those not serving us came up to say hello in any case. I would say it was like the golden days of cruising but it actually was never that good!

As the menu doesn't change, we found that while we didn't mind having all of our breakfasts and lunches there, three dinners were enough for us. On Breakaway, we had dinner four times there and found that it was a bit repetitive.

As we tend to have dinner fairly late (after 8:30), there were usually only 3 or 4 tables occupied after 9:00.

The Haven Restaurant for us is one of the real perqs of sailing in The Haven.

The ship is rock-solid stable. Of course, all depends on the ocean on your particular sailing.

The Haven restaurant seats under 100 people and is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu for each meal never changes but there is a very good selection. There is a small but very nice buffet for cold items and pastries set up at breakfast as well as the full menu. There is usually a nightly special. There is a complimentary but reservations recommended "lobster night" that we didn't go to but the general consensus was that it was pretty bad. The salad selection is a bit paltry but I asked in the name of some saladaterians that I know if it was possible to go "off menu". I was told "no problem" and that they could whip up a salad with any of the produce they had in the pantry.

The waiters got to know all of us by name by day three and those not serving us came up to say hello in any case. I would say it was like the golden days of cruising but it actually was never that good!

As the menu doesn't change, we found that while we didn't mind having all of our breakfasts and lunches there, three dinners were enough for us. On Breakaway, we had dinner four times there and found that it was a bit repetitive.

As we tend to have dinner fairly late (after 8:30), there were usually only 3 or 4 tables occupied after 9:00.

The Haven Restaurant for us is one of the real perqs of sailing in The Haven.

Thanks for the info.....looking forward to the Haven experience........