Help! First timers cabin dilemma on Jade

Cruise_YouShmoose

:confused:

Hey all we go our first ever cruise in a few days on the Jade. My mum booked a last minute deal and the TA has booked us in to the very front cabin on deck 4. Room no. is 4550.

We feel duped by the TA as we weren't aware of the position of the cabin as initially offered one on deck 7.

Are we gonna hate this cabin?? We are fearful of motion sickness and noise. I know we are under the theatre.

I don't think they should've book first timers in here should they? Any advice appreciated as we don't know what to do for the best. :(

:confused:

Hey all we go our first ever cruise in a few days on the Jade. My mum booked a last minute deal and the TA has booked us in to the very front cabin on deck 4. Room no. is 4550.

We feel duped by the TA as we weren't aware of the position of the cabin as initially offered one on deck 7.

Are we gonna hate this cabin?? We are fearful of motion sickness and noise. I know we are under the theatre.

I don't think they should've book first timers in here should they? Any advice appreciated as we don't know what to do for the best. :(

Well, there are no cabins on deck 7 so they couldn't have put you there! If you look at the deck plans you can see where all of the ocean view cabins are. You are not all the way forward, you are between the forward elevators and the mid ship elevators. The ocean views are mostly on 4, 5 and 8 and those on 8 are more expensive and many of those on 8 are much further forward. If you are unhappy, call your TA and ask them if they can move you, just remember, on deck 8 you will be all the way forward or at the very rear of the ship. You are not near the theater, it is much further forward.

Oh I see you're right about deck 7! :)

So you think it might not be so bad - what about the motion we might encounter? I will call the TA tmrw and see if they can contact NCL to see what they can do for us. :o

As far as motion is concerned, the lower the deck the better. Also, the closer to mid-ship, the better. While your cabin isn't perfectly centered, it's not far off. Unless you know that you're particularly susceptible to motion sickness, I wouldn't worry about it.

As far as motion is concerned, the lower the deck the better. Also, the closer to mid-ship, the better. While your cabin isn't perfectly centered, it's not far off. Unless you know that you're particularly susceptible to motion sickness, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks John, I feel a bit better now, we're just a bit nervous and not sure what to expect. It's a lot of money to spend and not be satisfied - fingers crossed everything will be great. :o :p

You can log into NCL and look at what cabins might be available... or at least some of them.

Look at the category you are booked in, and then look at that online, as if you were going to book. You could then pick cabin you would like that is available and have your TA book that.

Get some Bonine at costco if you have one or a drugstore and take one

the night before the cruise and every night at bedtime. We do this and have never been sick and we cruise a lot. No side effects like the ear patch.

Good luck and have fun!

I understand since it's your first cruise and it's all new to you that you're nervous, but it looks like a pretty good location. Some people like higher decks, some lower, etc. It's not something you can know before you cruise. Personally, I enjoy being closer to the water line. You've been given good advice about what to do as far as looking at what's available and changing if you want to. Be sure to look at the decks above and below you--I always try to book on a deck that is above and below other cabins rather than any public areas. You can take a look at where stairs and elevators are on the deck plan to figure out what's directly above and below you.

As far as motion sickness, do you get sick when you ride in a car or fly? If so, I'd take a precaution like Bonine as a PP suggested or get Seabands. My daughter gets motion sickness and both work well for her. There are other options as well.

I hope your first cruise is even better than you're hoping! You're doing the right thing researching before you go--keep reading and asking questions.

:D