Help us pick a ship!

disneylover89

We want to go to Grand Turk. There are severaal ships to chose from and I have narrowed it down to four. Which would be your favorite ship out of these choices?

The Sunshine out of Port Canaveral, the Conquest out of Fort Lauderdale,the Breeze out of Miami or the Glory out of Miami?

Edited by disneylover89

Haven't been on Sunshine. Went on Conquest for the 2nd time in January, getting ready to go on Glory for the 4th time in a year and a half October 4. Can you tell which one I'm partial to?;)

Conquest not having Serenity is the kicker. I LOVE it so until they add it, I'm afraid I won't be going back on her.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I would stay away from the Breeze. It seemed crowded everywhere we went. The Dream Class ship (Breeze)has 700 more passenger capacity than the Conquest Class (Glory & Conquest) but has the same amount of elevators and the same amount of pools.

On our see days, there was no playing in the pool, it was standing and bobbing.

GT was a blast, if snorkeling, I'd recommend the Ultimate Snorkel and there are vendors on the beach front offering it for $55.00.

Didn't see much on our Power Snorkel over the wall and was reported to us by friends that the Ultimate took you to where two reef or nurse sharks habitate and are used to snorkelers and they snorkel the wall as well.

I would pick based on so many things before coming down to one ship vs. the other. We were on the Breeze and Glory for a B2B in June/July and I've been on the Conquest, although my recollection of its layout is getting a little hazy.

I preferred the layout of the Glory to the Breeze primarily because of the Lido pool area. It was more of a amphitheater/stadium layout (tiered levels of lounge chairs rising away from the central pool area). The Breeze's main lido pool is cut out of the center of the ship. You are either down on the "dance floor", or you are up a flight of stairs (or two) on another deck, sitting at a table, watching the action.

Even if price, departure port, departure date, length of cruise and itinerary did not matter (and those are the factors I think would come first, not necessarily in that order), I would still look at what cabins were available on each ship as a more important factor than the ship itself. I've never cared too much about the cabin location, but on our Glory cruise, we were a dozen steps off the lido pool deck, which was great. Best location, so far, ever.

We want to go to Grand Turk. There are severaal ships to chose from and I have narrowed it down to four. Which would be your favorite ship out of these choices?

The Sunshine out of Port Canaveral, the Conquest out of Fort Lauderdale,the Breeze out of Miami or the Glory out of Miami?

I would choose the one that does both Grand Turk and Half Moon Key.

Another vote for the Breeze.

Absolutely GORGEOUS ship with all of the bells and whistles.

We cruised on her in July for our 2nd 8 nighter, and just booked a 6 night cruise for January.

She sets the bar high.

We didn't deal with ANY crowds, as someone mentioned above, and we cruised in July.

Let us know what you decide.

Good Luck!:D:D

There are many different factors like price,length of cruise and airfare. As a rule of thumb, I always try to get a newer ship and an extra day is always a bonus. For these reasons, I would choose the Breeze on an eight day itinerary that includes GT. The Breeze has a Caribbean feel to it instead of the in your face neon of the majority of the rest of the fleet.

Sunshine, loved it.

Haven't been on Sunshine. Went on Conquest for the 2nd time in January, getting ready to go on Glory for the 4th time in a year and a half October 4. Can you tell which one I'm partial to?;)

Conquest not having Serenity is the kicker. I LOVE it so until they add it, I'm afraid I won't be going back on her.

I definitely would not want a ship without a Serenity area. That was my favorite spot on my last cruise. Sunshine looks like it has an amazing Serenity area.

I definitely would not want a ship without a Serenity area. That was my favorite spot on my last cruise. Sunshine looks like it has an amazing Serenity area.

The serenity decks on the Dream class are awful. You have to climb two flights of stairs, go by the water works or cut through the spa. It's split in half and has little to no shade and no pool.

even with that, it was still hard to find an open chair, ended up spending our sea days by the aft pool and in the library.

Breeze

We've sailed the Breeze, Glory and Sunshine. I'd pick any of them!! Sunshine has the most spectacular Serenity, and we love the waterworks area. Breeze has all the bells and whistles, if that's your thing. We would probably pick the Sunshine if we HAD to pick one, though, simply because it didn't feel quite as crowded as the Breeze. :D

The serenity decks on the Dream class are awful. You have to climb two flights of stairs, go by the water works or cut through the spa. It's split in half and has little to no shade and no pool.

even with that, it was still hard to find an open chair, ended up spending our sea days by the aft pool and in the library.

Thanks for the info. Don't know when I'll be lucky enough to cruise again. I really prefer the Spirit class ships, but I haven't been on any of the Dream class ships yet.