Need Help With Excusion

LAKNARF

We will be in Belize in October. I see that many people recommend the 'caves', BUT my wife is prone to tripping, falling and getting hurt, sooooo I swould wany to stay away from the caves. Has anybody been to the Baboon Sanctuary ? What about a city tour and the zoo ? We usually go out on our own and find a taxi to take us around, but after reading ablout crime in Belize City I'd think twice before doing that. Thanks for any help you can give

I don't think crime is any worse in Belize than other cities. There are many taxi tour guides available when you get off the tender...they are dressed in white. I would feel totally safe taking a tour of the city with them. They also can take you to the zoo or baboon place. What about snorkeling? I have heard that is wonderful there. We did the cave tubing but if I get to go back, I would snorkel!!! And as far as your wife being prone to tripping....the trails aren't bad at all. They are pretty level and very wide with a few natural steps here and there and just a few roots in the trail to look for...nothing bad at all.

Have fun deciding...it all sounds great!

Hola,

It is a shame that you don't want to cavetube. It is a ball, but there are a lot of neat tours in Belize. I have seen nothing but rave reviews on the Altun Ha and River Wallace tour and many of the snorkel trips out to the islands are great. Just be sure to book something, I don't think a day loafing around town would be much fun. There is not alot there from what I could see.

Archived