fan?

bnorris10

I know this is an oddball question but I sleep with a fan - I mean I literally have the hardest time sleeping if I don't have one I would have to be dog tired to fall asleep without a fan and even then I toss and turn all night because of it

So when I went on the carnival I packed my fan in my suitcase and used it in the room ... Will that be ok at Disney Cruise Line?

The only time I was not able to use it was the last night of the cruise when they took our luggage and I literally ended up taking a blanket and pillow and sleeping on my balcony for the cool air and sounds

I know this is an oddball question but I sleep with a fan - I mean I literally have the hardest time sleeping if I don't have one I would have to be dog tired to fall asleep without a fan and even then I toss and turn all night because of it

So when I went on the carnival I packed my fan in my suitcase and used it in the room ... Will that be ok at Disney Cruise Line?

The only time I was not able to use it was the last night of the cruise when they took our luggage and I literally ended up taking a blanket and pillow and sleeping on my balcony for the cool air and sounds

From the DCL website:

The following items are permitted but with the following restrictions:

•A small portable fan. However, please contact Guest Services to have the Chief Electrician approve the use of your particular appliance in the stateroom.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/prohibited-items/prohibited-items/

if you do bring a fan or recorder, you may wish to bring a small extension cord too. Finding outlets can be a chore. There should be an extra outlet behind the tv.

Also on the DCL website:

Q:What items are not permitted on board?

A:In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.

•Extension cords

•Surge Protectors

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/prohibited-items/prohibited-items/

There are a limited number of extension cords available onboard at Guest Services.

Since the definition of "small" is open to interpretation, as long as you can pack your fan in your luggage, there will be no issues with bringing it aboard.

Please do ask to get it checked over though before use

I hope it is something like this,

3733C_4.jpg

Not this though! lol!

3e98bbd3-07d0-4199-a5d5-9c4967117504_300.jpg

ex techie

As long as it is electrically and mechanically sound, and doesn't cause a disturbance to other Guests it will be fine :)

The 1st picture was a 20" fan.

And if not having a fan you are comfortable that would circulate enough air for you, bring it, and then ask GS would be my take on it.

If they say no they will keep it at the port, and give it back at the end of your cruise.

Don't have sleepness nights and ruin your cruise through lack of sleep!

ex techie

ok so i emailed them to find out about this whole fan situation then had to email them back because they were not clear because they told me all fragile stuff had to go in carry on

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist you.

As fans are items that are easily damaged, they are considered as

fragile items. Therefore, any fan brought onboard the ship must be

contained in a carry on bag.

As long as the fan fits inside your carry on bag (dimensions of which

have been previously communicated) you can bring it onboard the ship.

Please keep in mind that Guests who bring fans onboard need to contact

Guest Services to have the Chief Electrician approve the use of the fan

in the stateroom.

Barbara, I hope this information has been helpful. If you require

further assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact

us.

We look forward to sailing with you!

Have a Magical Day!

JJ