Parking advice near port of Miami

aladin553

We will be driving to Miami and I need help with parking while I am on NCL Getaway out of POM. I want to know if there is secured parking near the port for cheaper that has a shuttle service to/from the port. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Parking at POM is covered, convenient and secure - but costs $20/day :(

Parking anywhere else will not be as convenient, will likely not be covered and for sure will not be as secure. :eek:

It's your car - do you feel lucky? :confused:

Are you driving in the day before? (Not sure where you'll be driving from). If you are, choose a hotel that has a stay and cruise package that allows you to keep your car parked there while you're gone. When we drive to FL for a cruise, we always do this. We have never paid for port parking and we don't feel comfortable leaving our vehicle in any of the non-secure parking lots, especially the ones that require you to leave your keys with them. No way jose!!! :D

PS----none of the other non-port parking lots in MIA are really secure, so I wouldn't recommend anyone leaving their vehicle there.

jennmaybe - what hotel with parking have you been happy with? We will be leaving our car this January and I have spent hours looking at secure parking in Miami. I have found out that the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon does have secured parking in a parking garage where you need your room key to get in and out. They will give you 14 days of free parking in their park sleep & cruise package. Additional days will be $5./day.

jennmaybe - what hotel with parking have you been happy with? We will be leaving our car this January and I have spent hours looking at secure parking in Miami. I have found out that the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon does have secured parking in a parking garage where you need your room key to get in and out. They will give you 14 days of free parking in their park sleep & cruise package. Additional days will be $5./day.

This is an excellent choice! We like Hampton Inn's and this one would be great. We also like the one in Coconut Grove/Coral Gables, but they only offer 7 days free parking/$5 additional each day.

We have just booked the Hampton Inn in Miami using the Park & Cruise Package for one night. $189 + tax. While they say it is "free" parking it really is not. If we were to book a room for one night the rate would be $135-$150 depending. But it stills seems to be the best one available. I spent hours last night calling various hotels. Will let you know when we return.

We hate sailing from Miami, not only because of the 4 hour drive to get there, but mainly the Port of Miami Parking Rip Off. $ 20 a day is ridiculous. We finally took a chance on our last cruise with Safe Cruise Parking. Total cost for 7 days $ 55.93. ($7.99 a day).

I dropped off my passengers and luggage at the port and drove to the lot. The lot was fenced and I was greeted by the attendant as I entered, gave him my reservation, and shown where to park and lock my car. I was then directed to a van, which was loading passengers and their luggage (into a trailer). They left for the port immediately. My round trip from port to lot took under 30 minutes.

On returning I called for a ride, and was picked up within 5 minutes and driven to the lot. Again, I preferred to return to the port to pick up my passengers and luggage, but it seems those taking the van and luggage to the lot had no issues. I would definitely use Safe Parking on my next cruise from Miami.

• 3 months later...
We hate sailing from Miami, not only because of the 4 hour drive to get there, but mainly the Port of Miami Parking Rip Off. $ 20 a day is ridiculous. We finally took a chance on our last cruise with Safe Cruise Parking. Total cost for 7 days $ 55.93. ($7.99 a day).

I dropped off my passengers and luggage at the port and drove to the lot. The lot was fenced and I was greeted by the attendant as I entered, gave him my reservation, and shown where to park and lock my car. I was then directed to a van, which was loading passengers and their luggage (into a trailer). They left for the port immediately. My round trip from port to lot took under 30 minutes.

On returning I called for a ride, and was picked up within 5 minutes and driven to the lot. Again, I preferred to return to the port to pick up my passengers and luggage, but it seems those taking the van and luggage to the lot had no issues. I would definitely use Safe Parking on my next cruise from Miami.

Thanks for the info for safe parking? I have 6 of us and most of the hotels only provide transportation for 2 people. Thanks

Edited by Suzyrn89