Safety in Antigua

cibaygirls

I had vistied Antigua couple of years ago, but did a ship's tour. This time I was hoping for me and DH to grab a cab to Valley Church Beach. There are several people on my roll call who are advising against this. I did see the State Departement did issue a warning for this specific port and does specifically address cab drivers. Others on the roll call, say not to have any worry. I told my DH I would look into it a bit further until we decided exactly what to do.

What are your thoughts/experiences? thanks!

Dana

I had vistied Antigua couple of years ago, but did a ship's tour. This time I was hoping for me and DH to grab a cab to Valley Church Beach. There are several people on my roll call who are advising against this. I did see the State Departement did issue a warning for this specific port and does specifically address cab drivers. Others on the roll call, say not to have any worry. I told my DH I would look into it a bit further until we decided exactly what to do.

What are your thoughts/experiences? thanks!

Dana

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our family of 6 grabbed a cab from the dispatch (actually investigated this and contacted taxi driver association ahead of time). We had a great day until he left us at the beach an hour before all aboard. By the grace of God there was one cab driver there - an independent cab driver there who had enough room in his van for the 6 of us. He got us and his other passengers back in the Nick of time. In Antigua- I recommend a private tour or a ship tour. Never had this happen to us anywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app