Vision of the seas and children

Tishybabe

Hi guys,

Planning a cruise on the Med on the Vision of the sea with dh and dd who will be 10 then. The cruise is 12 nights smack bang during the school,holidays.

The cruise is quite port intense but reading some reviews I'm worried that there won't be enough for my daughter to do as people tends to say to go for bigger ship for more activities.

Has anybody got any experience if this ship with children of similar age?

Thanks x

Not sure which sailing you are looking at, but we have the 5/28/15 sailing (a 12 nighter) booked with our DD who will be 11 then.

She is really excited about the port visits, and after you throw in a long, late dinner, I don't know that any of us will be making it to the shows or other entertainment.

We've sailed on grandeur to Bermuda last year, so she has an idea what will be onboard, and while it doesn't have flowriders or ziplines, it does have a pool, a card room and some bingo to keep her (us?) occupied for the last 2 sea days as we catch our breathe after that whirlwind itinerary.

RCCL is using vision class ship to be able to port in venice now given the new ship size restrictions (as I understand it), so if you go with a larger ship, you would have to port elsewhere to be able to visit venice, so that's one of the decisions people need to make now.

We considered Allure, but it was only a 7 night cruise and didn't include venice.

Hi guys,

Planning a cruise on the Med on the Vision of the sea with dh and dd who will be 10 then. The cruise is 12 nights smack bang during the school,holidays.

The cruise is quite port intense but reading some reviews I'm worried that there won't be enough for my daughter to do as people tends to say to go for bigger ship for more activities.

Has anybody got any experience if this ship with children of similar age?

Thanks x

My husband & I were on Vision for the 1st time this past May. We had another cruise booked for March 2015 with our girls aged 11 & 13. After we sailed, we changed from the Vision to Indy. We did not think our girls would have a good time at all. There is only 1 outdoor pool & it was packed with adults when we were on..no room for kids.. This is just our experience..

Thanks for the replies. Due to the time of the year it should be full of kids anyway so figured she would have lite friends to play with and I'm sure she'll find something to be entertained.

First cruise, here we come!

Did our first cruise in 2009 when DS had just turned 9. It was a 4 night Baltic as DH was concerned about motion sickness. Returned to Vision a year later when DS was 10 again Baltic for 7 nights and DS loved it both times in fact is one of his favourite ships. You will be hooked on cruising I am sure.:)

Did our first cruise in 2009 when DS had just turned 9. It was a 4 night Baltic as DH was concerned about motion sickness. Returned to Vision a year later when DS was 10 again Baltic for 7 nights and DS loved it both times in fact is one of his favourite ships. You will be hooked on cruising I am sure.:)

I really hope so, been thinking about doing a cruise for a while, such a different holiday! X