Port Canaveral - Disembarkation Time

peteukmcr

As a Carnival newbie and as the question is specific to this line (and I couldn't find the answer in the 'Ports' forum) could anyone who has sailed from Port Canaveral give me an idea on the earliest you can disembark when returning to Port Canaveral after a 7/8 day Caribbean sailing?

Can you do 'self assist' on Carnival where you take your own bags off the ship?

Does FTTF allow early 'self assist' disembarkation?

As a Carnival newbie and as the question is specific to this line (and I couldn't find the answer in the 'Ports' forum) could anyone who has sailed from Port Canaveral give me an idea on the earliest you can disembark when returning to Port Canaveral after a 7/8 day Caribbean sailing?

Can you do 'self assist' on Carnival where you take your own bags off the ship?

Does FTTF allow early 'self assist' disembarkation?

Most ships you can get off around the 7:30 mark IF you are doing self assist - which BTW does NOT mean taking 6 rolling suitcases, 3 backpacks, cameras, booze cases, etc.... It does mean ONE (maybe 2) suitcases and the odd backpack - and have purchased FTTF. FTTF will allow you to disembark with Suites and Plat/Diamond cruisers (I think).

Normal disembarkation where you put your luggage out the night before starts normally around 8:15ish BUT all times may be pushed back due to Customs, passengers, late to port, etc.

We've been in our car as early as 7:45am and as late as 10:00am. Same cruise line, same terminal in Pt. Canaveral. Both times with self assist.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your replies. We'll be on Valor next May (was Liberty but they have switched ships).

We always only have 1 suitcase and a backpack and have done it on RCI.

With that amount of stuff you should have no problem. One note would be you most likely will be up early to go thru customs (I think you are from the UK?) and with FTTF you will be right after the Platinum/Diamond guests and with the suite guests... although many times it's a Cluster and all of the above go at the same time. You should receive a letter in your cabin the night before detailing where to meet for early embarkation... if you don't and do have FTTF then I would call/go to the inquires desk and find out where you should meet.

With that amount of stuff you should have no problem. One note would be you most likely will be up early to go thru customs (I think you are from the UK?) and with FTTF you will be right after the Platinum/Diamond guests and with the suite guests... although many times it's a Cluster and all of the above go at the same time. You should receive a letter in your cabin the night before detailing where to meet for early embarkation... if you don't and do have FTTF then I would call/go to the inquires desk and find out where you should meet.
Thanks again for your feedback. We have a car booked with Hertz (from where we drop a rental car in Cape Canaveral before our cruise before this one). Yes, we're from the UK so do need to pass through immigration (this will be the 3rd time on this trip! First to enter the US in Orlando Airport, then again when we disembark RCI Enchantment and then after this sailing!).

Thanks again for your feedback. We have a car booked with Hertz (from where we drop a rental car in Cape Canaveral before our cruise before this one). Yes, we're from the UK so do need to pass through immigration (this will be the 3rd time on this trip! First to enter the US in Orlando Airport, then again when we disembark RCI Enchantment and then after this sailing!).

Have wonderful cruises!

I am not sure but it seems that non-US passengers had to be somewhere on the ship early disembarkation day to show passport/visas. I never went to this but have heard more than once announcements for someone who neglected to show, once saw security AND custom agents headed down the corridor... I went the other way! It has also delayed the disembarkation.